2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 pm

No, I have a thing there for FA's. List everyone still available. No team double checking required.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 am

Players have been loaded on now, so you can look up available players on yahoo and import the league into BBM.

But because nothing can ever be easy, yahoo has decided to list all owned players on the bench, while not showing any bench slots on the team pages. So while it looks like you don't have any players from the team page, if you go to trade block or the trade proposal screen you should see that they're all there.

Will email yahoo about the display issue.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 434)

Postby dasein » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Also, I think we've reached the point where we can move into regular season auction mode. Managers can nominate players on their own by starting a thread, and the winning bid must now sit for 48hrs. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Just noticed something weird. Nikola Mirotic isn't in the Yahoo Database anymore and thus I can't carry him on my team. Any suggestions? I could add some random no name player to hold his spot, or just try and remember that I'm always going to have one bench spot open.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby dasein » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 pm

silentjim wrote:Just noticed something weird. Nikola Mirotic isn't in the Yahoo Database anymore and thus I can't carry him on my team. Any suggestions? I could add some random no name player to hold his spot, or just try and remember that I'm always going to have one bench spot open.

As long as he's in the spreadsheet/rosters thread I don't see a problem. Didn't we decide that you can just hold "rights", meaning he doesn't count against your cap and you could still have 16 other guys on your roster until he comes to the NBA, at which time you'd have to do some drops to make everything legal. Pretty sure that's what scully did with Valancunus
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby scully19 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

You can have another player in another league, he doesn't cost you anything, but he does count as 1 of the 16.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dasein » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 am

scully19 wrote:You can have another player in another league, he doesn't cost you anything, but he does count as 1 of the 16.

rightio. that was it. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 am

dasein wrote:
scully19 wrote:You can have another player in another league, he doesn't cost you anything, but he does count as 1 of the 16.

rightio. that was it. ;-D

This is what I thought. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby scully19 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 am

So it looks like Houston is my favorite team now. Harden and Lin are going to have to carry my team.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 am

SoTex...I think this is a sign that JJ is not meant to be on your team:

Updating a previous report, J.J. Barea will not return to Sunday's game after suffering a "mild concussion" in the first half.
The NBA is very cautious about possible head injuries, a wise stance regardless of Mony Williams' opinions, and it's safe to assume Barea won't play vs. the Nets on Monday. The Wolves also play on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Luke Ridnour and Alexey Shved will absorb most of his playing time.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap