2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 am

RocketsDWM wrote:SoTex...I think this is a sign that JJ is not meant to be on your team:

Updating a previous report, J.J. Barea will not return to Sunday's game after suffering a "mild concussion" in the first half.
The NBA is very cautious about possible head injuries, a wise stance regardless of Mony Williams' opinions, and it's safe to assume Barea won't play vs. the Nets on Monday. The Wolves also play on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Luke Ridnour and Alexey Shved will absorb most of his playing time.

Awwwww CRAP! Serves me right for not double checking BEFORE making the bid...had a looooong day yesterday running sound at a gig, and didn't get up until about 3pm this afternoon! X-I

Oh well...what's done is done...maybe he'll get some rest, take a few Tylenol, and come back to finish strong before Rudio makes it back into the lineup... :-/
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 am

So-Tex wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:SoTex...I think this is a sign that JJ is not meant to be on your team:

Updating a previous report, J.J. Barea will not return to Sunday's game after suffering a "mild concussion" in the first half.
The NBA is very cautious about possible head injuries, a wise stance regardless of Mony Williams' opinions, and it's safe to assume Barea won't play vs. the Nets on Monday. The Wolves also play on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Luke Ridnour and Alexey Shved will absorb most of his playing time.

Awwwww CRAP! Serves me right for not double checking BEFORE making the bid...had a looooong day yesterday running sound at a gig, and didn't get up until about 3pm this afternoon! X-I

Oh well...what's done is done...maybe he'll get some rest, take a few Tylenol, and come back to finish strong before Rudio makes it back into the lineup... :-/

Looks like your luck might be turning around.

J.J. Barea failed the first NBA concussion test after taking a hard fall on Sunday, but he passed a subsequent test and hopes to play vs. the Nets on Monday.
Barea will need to pass another test on Monday, but he sounds confident that he'll be able to suit up. It's great news for his owners, and puts the kibosh on any notions of Alexey Shved having value.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
So-Tex wrote:

Looks like your luck might be turning around.

J.J. Barea failed the first NBA concussion test after taking a hard fall on Sunday, but he passed a subsequent test and hopes to play vs. the Nets on Monday.
Barea will need to pass another test on Monday, but he sounds confident that he'll be able to suit up. It's great news for his owners, and puts the kibosh on any notions of Alexey Shved having value.

So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby So-Tex » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Barea suffered a mid-foot sprain in his left foot during Wednesday's game against the Magic, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Recommendation: The injury occurred after Barea ran into the scorer's table chasing a loose ball. He will get the foot re-evaluated Thursday and is hoping it's just a short-term injury. Consider him day-to-day for now.
(Rotowire.com)

OH - MY - FREAKING - LORD!!! 8-o X-I :-C

So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Scully - how did you add Kleiza? Never saw a winning bid anywhere...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby scully19 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 am

I had him from last year, he was somehow missed when getting added to my roster this season. I just fixed that problem now that I noticed it.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:59 am

If I am at the roster max, can I bid on someone and then if I win that player, drop another player? Or do I need to drop a player before bidding?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 am

The way I understand things, being at the roster max doesn't matter as long as you have cap space to bid with. If you DO happen to win the player, only then must you drop a player before picking up the new one. Otherwise, you can bid as long as you don't go over the cap.

Only time you would need to drop a player before making a bid would be if you needed the extra cap space dropping said player would give you so that you wouldn't go over the cap limit. In other words, you can't make a bid which puts you over the cap limit, period. You can drop a player (or players) to gain more cap space to make said bid, but you must do that BEFORE you make the bid. That's the only time you would need to drop a player before making a bid - if you would need the gained cap space to cover it.

Otherwise, bid away! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dasein » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 am

^ ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby So-Tex » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 am

Hey guys! I just realized that after I made the post waiving Gerald Green and MarShon Brooks, I got distracted and forgot to make the drops on Yahoo. My roster was set in advance, so Green's stats ended up counting for today (Sat).

It doesn't seem like it's going to matter much, as cnote has me by 6-3 going into tomorrow, and with only two guys playing (Gortat and O'Neal), I don't see much of a chance of me coming back in any of the cats I trail to matter much (maybe FG% and TOs?).

But let me know if I need to sit either or both to make up for Green's awe inspiring line of 8pts, 6 rebs, 1 ast and 1 blk %-6 .

All kidding aside, sorry about the brain fart on my part cnote - anyone on the committee, let me know how to make up for this.

Thanks! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap