Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:25 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
silentjim wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Fierce bidding for Tobias.

Totally. ;-D I clearly don't know what I'm doing. :-D

On a side note, cnote hasn't been active since February 12th. The sad part is, he was actually winning a lot to start the season. We might need to look into finding a replacement as I don't know what's up with him. Additionally I'm not sure a team that has been inactive, but is good, should be able to "win" the lottery if that makes sense. Just something we should probably discuss.

It's frustrating to say the least and worth discussing.

Agree totally! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 pm

The only reason I bring up talking about whether he can get a lotto pick or not is how dominant his team was before going MIA. Not saying injuries and such wouldn't have hurt him, but minus his first week loss, he didn't lose again until Week 11 and now he's lost 8 in a row and is probably going to lose this week.

Week 11 was mid January and he last logged in mid February, but I have no idea what the time before that was when he logged in on Yahoo if that makes sense.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby So-Tex » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Oh, I hear that! I hadn't even realized he wasn't setting his lineups until dasein pointed it out the other day over on the league forum on Yahoo.

I can see the idea of injuries and such really ruining your season, but you still have to set your lineups at the very least. Even though it feels like just going through the motions, you never really know until the games are played. I've managed to get a few games out of guys like DeJuan Blair and Nando De Colo just by simply plugging them in my lineups for the hell of it.

But letting your team go for 8 straight losses without even trying to win is behavior akin to the Maloofs and how they're currently running the Kings organization.

All we need now is for cnote to relocate to Seattle, and the analogy would be complete. }:-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby So-Tex » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 am

I'm not really complaining here, cause I know DV has the best of intentions in mind...but he mentioned he would set cnote's lineup for this week coming up. I'm on the fringe of making the 8th seed in the playoffs, and each of the three teams ahead of me ALL took cnote for 7-2 wins during his current losing/inactive streak.

Now, I don't know that I really have any shot of making the playoffs or not, but by having cnote's lineup at least set, it effectively puts me out of the playoff chase - or, it makes it that much harder for me, as opposed to the other three who effectively had easy weeks against cnote's team.

More importantly though, and what I really WOULD be pissed about, is that it could affect the final standings overall. I haven't really looked at the ramifications just yet, but whether I make the playoffs or not, I'm still trying to place as high as I can. And the difference between one, two, or three places could easily be a 7-2 win over cnote, compared to maybe a 6-3, 5-4, or even a loss if his lineup was set.

Maybe I should be screaming bloody murder about it...but I've done that enough in this league, that I'm really not looking to butt heads or anything like that.

But, I just thought someone should know... ;-7 O:-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dasein » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am

yeah, that's a fair point. If everyone else got the half assed lineup, no reason why ST should get it any different. It's the last week of the regular season after all.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 am

So-Tex wrote:I'm not really complaining here, cause I know DV has the best of intentions in mind...but he mentioned he would set cnote's lineup for this week coming up. I'm on the fringe of making the 8th seed in the playoffs, and each of the three teams ahead of me ALL took cnote for 7-2 wins during his current losing/inactive streak.

Now, I don't know that I really have any shot of making the playoffs or not, but by having cnote's lineup at least set, it effectively puts me out of the playoff chase - or, it makes it that much harder for me, as opposed to the other three who effectively had easy weeks against cnote's team.

More importantly though, and what I really WOULD be pissed about, is that it could affect the final standings overall. I haven't really looked at the ramifications just yet, but whether I make the playoffs or not, I'm still trying to place as high as I can. And the difference between one, two, or three places could easily be a 7-2 win over cnote, compared to maybe a 6-3, 5-4, or even a loss if his lineup was set.

Maybe I should be screaming bloody murder about it...but I've done that enough in this league, that I'm really not looking to butt heads or anything like that.

But, I just thought someone should know... ;-7 O:-)

I agree - can't switch course at this point in the season (I'm an idiot for saying "halfway through the season" - please forgive this edit). I think we set a rule for inactive managers in the offseason. I'm for leaving their lineup as is and then finding a replacement owner.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 4ndrew » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:55 pm

I know its really early to be discussing this, but I should be good to rejoin next season if there's an opening ... and can bring a good friend across from another league as well if there's more than one vacancy. Just thought I'd throw it out there :)
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silentjim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm

4ndrew wrote:I know its really early to be discussing this, but I should be good to rejoin next season if there's an opening ... and can bring a good friend across from another league as well if there's more than one vacancy. Just thought I'd throw it out there :)

Good to know. ;-D We've had one manager go inactive thus far.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby TheRobSays » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 am

Note: Amare just got waived - what to do?
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Postby dasein » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 am

have a chuckle at the amount he was signed for? :-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)