2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Also, did we ever decide what the dates were going to be that split up what "season" we're talking about when it comes to player contract buy outs and whatnot? Now I'm referring to guaranteed contracts...

I believe off-season was determined to be the day after the last day of the regular season and ending the day before the regular season starts from season to season.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Great work whoever it was that cleaned up the main page. ;-D ;-D ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby silentjim » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

dasein wrote:Great work whoever it was that cleaned up the main page. ;-D ;-D ;-D

No applause necessary. :-D

I take cash and favorable fantasy basketball trades. :-B
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Can we get the FA tiers going? ;-D
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dasein » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Can we get the FA tiers going? ;-D

How bout this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I haven't included every single FA, cause that gets a bit much. Tried to stick to the main ones, and we can always nominate later anyway.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:03 pm

dasein wrote:

How bout this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I haven't included every single FA, cause that gets a bit much. Tried to stick to the main ones, and we can always nominate later anyway.

This looks good. We really just need to know the groupings and this does an excellent job! ;-D
silentjim

Postby So-Tex » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 pm

silentjim wrote:
dasein wrote:

How bout this?

<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq7GgxFscbT8dHJ0eVdlQ204emRMV1FDdGFqOU41T3c&usp=sharing" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" class="vglnk"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>docs</span><span>.</span><span>google</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>spreadsheet</span><span>/</span><span>ccc</span><span>?</span><span>key</span><span>=</span><span>0Aq7GgxFscbT8dHJ0eVdlQ204emRMV1FDdGFqOU41T3c</span><span>&</span><span>usp</span><span>=</span><span>sharing</span></a>

This looks good. We really just need to know the groupings and this does an excellent job! ;-D

+1!!! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:23 am

Excelente. Gracias!
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I need something clarified on Marcin Gortat's contract.

If I'm not mistaken, I won him at auction last off-season, with a 3 year contract (10.8, 9.6, and 8.4). I'm showing on my sheet that his contract is partially guaranteed for this season and next...which means technically, I could buy him out this year if I wanted to.

But doesn't the rule say only the last year in a 2 or 3 year deal qualifies for the "partially guaranteed" buyout? I'd like to find out ASAP, as the decision to buy him out may influence my pulling the trigger on a trade offer I have on the table. O:-)

Thanks! - ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby dasein » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 am

So-Tex wrote:I need something clarified on Marcin Gortat's contract.

If I'm not mistaken, I won him at auction last off-season, with a 3 year contract (10.8, 9.6, and 8.4). I'm showing on my sheet that his contract is partially guaranteed for this season and next...which means technically, I could buy him out this year if I wanted to.

But doesn't the rule say only the last year in a 2 or 3 year deal qualifies for the "partially guaranteed" buyout? I'd like to find out ASAP, as the decision to buy him out may influence my pulling the trigger on a trade offer I have on the table. O:-)

Thanks! - ;-)

Only the last year of a 3yr deal can be bought out, so no you can't do it this offseason sorry. (I'm pretty sure you won him last year too).

EDIT: I wasn't 100% so just double checked and it turns out you got him 2 years ago for 40.8M (12 + 10.8 + 9.6 + 8.4). So the spreadsheet is correct and you can buy him out for 0.5 x 9.6 = 4.8M ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap