2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Some other questions...

To be sure I'm clear on the time of year - right now we fall under "Off-season", so the minimum we can have on our roster is 5 players under contract, correct?

Also, a question about the IL: Is the IL only available during the season? I have Yao Ming on my roster, and I need to know whether to move him to the IL now or wait until the season starts.

One final question: Is there a current list of FAs available yet/at the moment? I'm still going through the new threads as well as re-visiting the updated ones, so if I missed it, I apologize.

More questions to come, I'm sure... O:-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:16 pm

scully19 wrote:I am 100% certain that the RFA of the rookies was discussed before the draft because that was why I signed DeMar the way I did. The second part of the rookies having rights was during the season.

i really can't say one way or the other as i don't remember it. it happened over a year ago. i had several people looking at rules thread and i doubt we all could have just missed it, but others could have forgotten about it, just like i did (if i did). i just remember voting on fernis' amendment. we can try to go through old discussions threads to figure it out

scully19 wrote:You say qualifying offer needs to be 4th year salary, does that mean that you can do a descending scale salary as long as you start at the right price?

yes. of course others can spoil that plan by outbidding your initial offer. old team gets to match winning bid, but during the bidding it gets no preferential treatment, so you can offer extension with salaries scaled down (by as much as 15%), but your offer can still be beat by others in which case you can continue bidding or wait for the bidding to end and match
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 pm

KalElen wrote:
scully19 wrote:I didn't really think about trading him because I thought he was on my team for like 1 mill a season, and that doesn't do much so I didn't see the point, but when I was editing my roster just now I saw it at 2.61 which would actually be a decent amount to save at 1.3 if all you wanted to do was dump some salary.

as i said, i don't mind if we reverse this, but i need others to agree

I vote to allow. ;-D

In fact, if there's anything on my roster worth it to you, I'll take a trade offer from scully as well. Wouldn't mind dumping the contract, seeing as I'll be dumping others and taking a hit anyway. ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm

So-Tex wrote:To be sure I'm clear on the time of year - right now we fall under "Off-season", so the minimum we can have on our roster is 5 players under contract, correct?

yes we are under off-season, but that 5 players rule doesn't seem practical and it will be removed. you don't have to worry about that one

So-Tex wrote:Also, a question about the IL: Is the IL only available during the season? I have Yao Ming on my roster, and I need to know whether to move him to the IL now or wait until the season starts.

during off-season there is no need for il. you can just place any 2 players on il at the beginning of the season. you can carry 14 players until the season starts without worrying about il

So-Tex wrote:One final question: Is there a current list of FAs available yet/at the moment? I'm still going through the new threads as well as re-visiting the updated ones, so if I missed it, I apologize.

not that i know of. if somebody would volunteer to create it, i'd be grateful, but it's not in my plans

So-Tex wrote:More questions to come, I'm sure... O:-)

keep 'em coming ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:56 pm

KalElen wrote:
scully19 wrote:I am 100% certain that the RFA of the rookies was discussed before the draft because that was why I signed DeMar the way I did. The second part of the rookies having rights was during the season.

i really can't say one way or the other as i don't remember it. it happened over a year ago. i had several people looking at rules thread and i doubt we all could have just missed it, but others could have forgotten about it, just like i did (if i did). i just remember voting on fernis' amendment. we can try to go through old discussions threads to figure it out

no need to look it up, it shouldn't effect anything and i know im right or i would have never made that bid.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

So-Tex wrote:
KalElen wrote:
scully19 wrote:I didn't really think about trading him because I thought he was on my team for like 1 mill a season, and that doesn't do much so I didn't see the point, but when I was editing my roster just now I saw it at 2.61 which would actually be a decent amount to save at 1.3 if all you wanted to do was dump some salary.

as i said, i don't mind if we reverse this, but i need others to agree

I vote to allow. ;-D

In fact, if there's anything on my roster worth it to you, I'll take a trade offer from scully as well. Wouldn't mind dumping the contract, seeing as I'll be dumping others and taking a hit anyway. ;-)

i'll read any offers, not sure what team u have so send me an offer or a list of the guys you plan on cutting.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:34 pm

KalElen wrote:
So-Tex wrote:One final question: Is there a current list of FAs available yet/at the moment? I'm still going through the new threads as well as re-visiting the updated ones, so if I missed it, I apologize.

not that i know of. if somebody would volunteer to create it, i'd be grateful, but it's not in my plans

It'll definitely be easier to figure out a list once everyone has posted their updated rosters...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
KalElen wrote:

It'll definitely be easier to figure out a list once everyone has posted their updated rosters...

Working on that as we speak. ;-D

Man, I love working from home! :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby scully19 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Something that might want to be discussed at this point now that players are soon going to be able to be resigned, is when to use the points system. I think if the bids are close enough in average value (haven't run any numbers, but for arguments sake say 105%) that it should be determined by the points system. This IMO gives more to the reality of the situation of players not taking a small amount more money to play in a bad situation or leave their current team for a very minor increase in salary.

Not sure if anyone wants to use the points system this often, but in really shouldn't be that hard, just have everyone have a tallied total points and then if it is your current team you add 10, and then determine position points.

Just a thought.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Trades 2010/2011

Postby Markos » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Do we have a trade block thread? Or do we just initiate talks via PM?

I know in yahoo! we can show who is on the block but during the preseason it'd be handy to have a thread where we could declare who's potentially available etc.

Just my 2c

Mark
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap