2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 am

Kal explained it to me early on the same way he stated earlier - but I'd like to get this cleared up as well.

I understood it as you could only nominate one guy at a time, UNLESS you were nominating your own Bird free agent. Then you could nominate another, as long as it wasn't a Bird FA from anyone.

It makes sense the way he explained it - but it doesn't make sense the way it's written, as silentjim has pointed out.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:52 am

So-Tex wrote:Kal explained it to me early on the same way he stated earlier - but I'd like to get this cleared up as well.

I understood it as you could only nominate one guy at a time, UNLESS you were nominating your own Bird free agent. Then you could nominate another, as long as it wasn't a Bird FA from anyone.

It makes sense the way he explained it - but it doesn't make sense the way it's written, as silentjim has pointed out.

Agreed. Basically, one owner can nominate a player on another team and one of their own free agents. So if Jim wanted he could nominate Morrow after nominating Camby, but he can't nominate a second player from another team.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:55 am

DVauthrin wrote:
So-Tex wrote:Kal explained it to me early on the same way he stated earlier - but I'd like to get this cleared up as well.

Agreed. Basically, one owner can nominate a player on another team and one of their own free agents. So if Jim wanted he could nominate Morrow after nominating Camby, but he can't nominate a second player from another team.

I'm okay with this, I just don't think this it what was said earlier. The odds of us ever getting to 32 players at a time is basically non existent. This draft/auction is going to take forever....
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:01 am

silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

I'm okay with this, I just don't think this it what was said earlier. The odds of us ever getting to 32 players at a time is basically non existent. This draft/auction is going to take forever....

Not just that - I'm still worried about how I'm going to fill my roster with minimum contract guys, especially if I nominate them at the minimum and they get sniped from me because I can't sign them to higher contracts (I'm over the soft cap).

This rebuilding year is going to give me a headache... :*)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 am

So-Tex wrote:Not just that - I'm still worried about how I'm going to fill my roster with minimum contract guys, especially if I nominate them at the minimum and they get sniped from me because I can't sign them to higher contracts (I'm over the soft cap).

Totally. I'm going to outbid you on guys just so you can't have them. :-D Hahaha }:-)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 am

silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

The odds of us ever getting to 32 players at a time is basically non existent. This draft/auction is going to take forever....

Agreed. We ought to just collectively nominate guys to get to the 32 player mark. It doesn't really matter who nominates the player anyway.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 am

silentjim wrote:
So-Tex wrote:Not just that - I'm still worried about how I'm going to fill my roster with minimum contract guys, especially if I nominate them at the minimum and they get sniped from me because I can't sign them to higher contracts (I'm over the soft cap).

Totally. I'm going to outbid you on guys just so you can't have them. :-D Hahaha }:-)

I think you should work on trading me Brandon Jennings instead. :-D
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Postby dasein » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 am

silentjim wrote:
every gm can nominate no more then one of his own fas (bird rights fas that is) at a time
every gm can nominate no more then one other fa at a time
every gm can nominate no more then two total fas at a time
every gm can have up to 2 own fas in the pool at a time
this means that if fernis nominates one of my fas, nobody else, except me, can nominate another one until the one fernis nominated is claimed. this means there can be up to 32 fas in the pool at a time, which is not great, but it's the best solution we have at this moment
keep in mind that there will be many players who aren't anybody's bird free agents so nominating somebody's bird free agnet prevents you from nominating non-bird free agent and vice-versa

This is from you on August 22nd.

I read this as you can do exactly what I did, and I think everyone else did as well.

No, I interpreted that section the same way that Kal explained it.

1. every gm can nominate no more then one of his own fas at a time.
2. every gm can nominate no more then one other fa at a time.

"other" is the key word here. So to paraphrase, you can nominate one of your own, and one from somebody else at any one time. Thats 2 total. I think the wording is fine, but it could be changed to make it clearer I spose. :-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 434)

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:17 am

silentjim wrote:
every gm can nominate no more then one of his own fas (bird rights fas that is) at a time
every gm can nominate no more then one other fa at a time
every gm can nominate no more then two total fas at a time

every gm can have up to 2 own fas in the pool at a time
this means that if fernis nominates one of my fas, nobody else, except me, can nominate another one until the one fernis nominated is claimed. this means there can be up to 32 fas in the pool at a time, which is not great, but it's the best solution we have at this moment
keep in mind that there will be many players who aren't anybody's bird free agents so nominating somebody's bird free agnet prevents you from nominating non-bird free agent and vice-versa

This is from you on August 22nd.

I read this as you can do exactly what I did, and I think everyone else did as well.

unlike most of you guys, english is not my 1st language so i might be wrong, but to me 3 bolded rows sound pretty clear, especially 2nd statement. anyway rules are definitely such that you can nominate only one player who isn't your bird fa at a time. if we see that we are progressing too slowly, we will increase number of nominated players, but we have a month to get this done and i don't think we'll have any trouble finishing the auction by the time season starts
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:19 am

DVauthrin wrote:
silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

The odds of us ever getting to 32 players at a time is basically non existent. This draft/auction is going to take forever....

Agreed. We ought to just collectively nominate guys to get to the 32 player mark. It doesn't really matter who nominates the player anyway.

This makes sense to me as well - as long as we keep the 2 player limit in effect - no team can have more than 2 of it's FAs in the pool at one time.

And how about if everyone just fills their roster and let me pick up the scraps...don't worry about it...karma will do justice by me. :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap