2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Trades 2010/2011

Postby KalElen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Markos wrote:Do we have a trade block thread? Or do we just initiate talks via PM?

I know in yahoo! we can show who is on the block but during the preseason it'd be handy to have a thread where we could declare who's potentially available etc.

Just my 2c

Mark

i moved this to the discussion thread. i'll make a thread for trade blocks
scully19 wrote:Something that might want to be discussed at this point now that players are soon going to be able to be resigned, is when to use the points system. I think if the bids are close enough in average value (haven't run any numbers, but for arguments sake say 105%) that it should be determined by the points system. This IMO gives more to the reality of the situation of players not taking a small amount more money to play in a bad situation or leave their current team for a very minor increase in salary.

Not sure if anyone wants to use the points system this often, but in really shouldn't be that hard, just have everyone have a tallied total points and then if it is your current team you add 10, and then determine position points.

Just a thought.

this is definitely something we would need a league vote for. i'd like to use points system as seldom as possible so my vote would go against this idea. as i said last year, i realize that the points system is the best option we could come up with, but it is still a bad option in my opinion and i'd like to avoid it whenever possible
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby Markos » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks re: the trade block thread.

Regarding the point system, if you plan on overhauling it anyhow and we can think of something better in the coming days/weeks then perhaps we should consider it. I like the realism it brings, but my criticism of it would be that it's a bit cumbersome.

What we're moving to next season in the league I commish is actually a dice roll, where numbers 1 through 6 determine the free agent's mindset. For example, if you roll a one the player just leaves, a 2 is a sign-and-trade (so you get something back), while 3 through 6 means the holding team can resign them, with some minor variations on the money. That said, my league works on a completely different dynamic for (restricted) free agency, and the forum site allows me to upload hacks for ie. dice rolls, but the basic concept of using chance to determine a free agent's mindset is something we could consider. There are random number generators online as well as a myriad of other ways to determine the result.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby scully19 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

The thing for me is that if you are outbid by someone but you are in a situation that is better for that player then I think you should be able to match that bid and be winning instead of having to outbid again.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby Markos » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah, but thats a very subjective call.

Money should decide all but the cases where a player has multiple bids like max offers, MLE or LLE. In those cases we want a tiebreaker that is both simple and clear cut. Rolling a dice works for me.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:36 pm

What does RW mean?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm

I am very against ever using a dice. that makes the league far more about luck thanit ever should be. I'm looking for as nmuch realism as possible which is the driving force behind this suggestion because it is based on actual basketball information. I understand wanting to keep it simpler and only use it on max offers like mle, min, max, but not at all a roll of the dice idea.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Also, why are DJ White and Roger Mason in grey color font on the roster?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Nevermind, found the key. Still need to know about RW. Thanks. ;-D
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

What's the cap #?

You are going ot hate me by the end of the season for all of these questions. :-D My apologies beforehand.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby scully19 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:54 pm

so i know this is a little late but I didn't think off it until another keeper league, but shouldn't draft order be based on regular season standings?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap