2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Hi Chi- Trevor Ariza

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:24 am

i tend to agree as well, but as i said we had a prolonged discussion last year. main issue were mind bids from the teams at the cap limit and at the end we came to this compromise of 10k outbids by teams with cap space. of course that same rule applied in all situations, regardless if it's min offer, full mle or even a bigger chunk of cap space. teams that can't properly outbid high bids (by full 100k/250k) can have their max bids ooutbid by 10k. as i said, i'm not happy about it, but alternatives were even worse
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 am

It should certainly be more though even if it is discounted, at those prices another 0.01 is literally nothing in comparison. We could make it simpler with a half amount, or something like 0.1m for over 2.5. and 0.05 for under 2.5m.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 am

So are we doing anything with allowing more people to be nominated?

EDIT: Also, I imagine the 24h deadlines are going to be extended because of site being down?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 am

scully19 wrote:So are we doing anything with allowing more people to be nominated?

EDIT: Also, I imagine the 24h deadlines are going to be extended because of site being down?

I wouldn't mind it especially since I expect some of us to be out of the bidding process really soon.

Kal, do we want to tack on approximately 6 hours to each bid or just give every bid another set amount of time?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby hi chi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 am

I would say that the most fair rule is that if you can't do the full 250K increase then you can't put in a bid. That solves all the problems. If you can't make the full increase you can't bid. After that any rule is trying to even things out. If you go back to the beginning of the issue it is always easy to solve. If you allow people to increase by less than min. increase then you get a slippery slope where a concession has to be made to the person being outbidded by a person not able to have a full increase. I am ok with the .01 increase and I am ok with saying if you can't do the full 250K then you can't bid. One or the other seems fair to me.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:39 am

i'm against fixed bidding time (24h or 48h or whatever) or silent bidding and i don't think there is anything anybody can say to change my opinion on that, but that's just me. i definitely don't have the time to debate this like i used to, but in a few weeks my schedule should be back to normal. until then i'm gonna go about my commishing business and leave debates to the rest of you. btw i'm also against fixed predetermined list, but that argument will have to wait as well. on all the issues league will decide
finally So-Tex i don't think anybody here likes all 100% of the rules (i know i don't) and i know some of the guys get frustrated from time to time with some things, but we are all here because we think that positives overwhelm the negatives. don't worry about mini-rants, as long as you keep it nice and civil, there are no hard feelings. feel free to speak your mind and post any suggestions for improving things ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 am

RedHopeful wrote:
scully19 wrote:So are we doing anything with allowing more people to be nominated?

I wouldn't mind it especially since I expect some of us to be out of the bidding process really soon.

Kal, do we want to tack on approximately 6 hours to each bid or just give every bid another set amount of time?

yes we're gonna extend all players who haven't bid on after the down time by 6h. 4 players fall into that category. haywood, blatche, camby and splitter. hi-chi's bid on splitter is valid because of down time, although 24h have passed frpm so-tex' offer
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:44 am

i don't think this is a good time to change these rules. as i said i'm not a fan, but we would need to stop the auction and run a vote. i don't think issue is big enough to cause us to lose 2-3 days fora vote
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hi chi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am

Thank you. I was trying to get on this afternoon and was not a happy camper. My students thought my head was going to explode. :-b
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hi chi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:48 am

I agree. This is not the time for rule changing. Looking at next season is probably the right and most fair way. I was just throwing my 2 cents into the discussion. I am fine with the way things are as they are the rules I agreed to play by when I signed up.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap