2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:36 am

I've thought about this Splitter situation some and honestly, I don't feel too comfortable with how it went down. My bid was practically a day late and I'm not sure it should have counted. I feel that, with Kal's permission of course, So should be able to sign Splitter to the contract he bid on him for. Just one of those wacky situations where we might be able to bend the rules a bit. But, if not, I am completely content to have Splitter on my team.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:09 am

No, no, no, no...

Your bid was fine Rockets - I know I wrote a lot over the last few days, so it may be a task to go back through it, but I said originally that I knew there would be time added on because of the site down time - I even mentioned it to Red on the side earlier that morning. And if you noticed, I came in with what, two more bids(?), right after hi-chi started back up again.

You didn't win because I was stiffed, you won because I wasn't willing to pay more than 4.5M for Splitter. I've got issues with the process, not with the fact that Splitter was involved (although, I am a Spurs homer ;-7 ).

No worries, man - it's all good! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 am

I have another question (but not a research paper or a rant :-b ).

If I'm bidding on two separate players, can I bid for each player according to what I have available to me, or do I have to take into account each bid?

Example: I can bid up to 6M with my MLE. I'm currently involved in two auctions for Player X and Player Y. In Player X's auction, my bid is at 4M. The auction for Player Y is at 2M. Since I haven't won either player yet, is making a bid of 3M for Player Y a legal bid? I understand that once I win either player, that money comes off my MLE, and any other bids I have which put me over that amount become void. But since I'm fighting for players here, can I still bid aggressively until I win at least one of them?

I'm playing things safe for now until I get some more clarification on this one. ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:16 am

I don't believe you can. You can't get all three. But I would wait for one of the vets.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:17 am

So-Tex wrote:I have another question (but not a research paper or a rant :-b ).

If I'm bidding on two separate players, can I bid for each player according to what I have available to me, or do I have to take into account each bid?

Example: I can bid up to 6M with my MLE. I'm currently involved in two auctions for Player X and Player Y. In Player X's auction, my bid is at 4M. The auction for Player Y is at 2M. Since I haven't won either player yet, is making a bid of 3M for Player Y a legal bid? I understand that once I win either player, that money comes off my MLE, and any other bids I have which put me over that amount become void. But since I'm fighting for players here, can I still bid aggressively until I win at least one of them?

I'm playing things safe for now until I get some more clarification on this one. ;-D

If you lead with a 4 mil bid for player X, you can only bid 2 mil on player Y.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby silentjim » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 pm

So-Tex wrote:I have another question (but not a research paper or a rant :-b ).

The bids you have out there, can never total more than the money you have available.

So, to answer your first question, no; bidding 3M for Player Y is not a legal bid. If someone outbids you on Player X then you could up your bid for Player Y and vice versa.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby So-Tex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks guys - that's what I thought - just wanted to be sure. ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby silentjim » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:03 pm

So-Tex wrote:Thanks guys - that's what I thought - just wanted to be sure. ;-D

I do understand what you're saying about missing out on players based on time frames though. I feel like that's one of the reasons my team isn't as cohesive as I would have liked.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby So-Tex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Being curious again...

How was hi-chi able to do this?

Re: Hi Chi- Trevor Ariza

Postby hi chi on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:16 am
6.61M (6.61M+6.61M+6.61M)

Re: Javale McGee

Post by hi chi on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:24 am
6.6M (6.0M+6.6M+7.2M)

Overpay for a guy much :-o

This is what's listed in the "Winning Bids" thread.

I can see the reasoning behind Trevor Ariza since he was hi-chi's Bird FA - he should be allowed to match or beat an offer, regardless (right?). But once he re-signed Ariza, didn't that put him over the soft cap? And thus, he could only use the 6M with the MLE? McGee came in at 6.6M.

Sorry hi-chi, it's nothing against you personally - I just need to know how this is all working out - because I may have to rethink my arguments for missing out on a few of these guys I've been bidding on. If I've been bidding the way I understand I'm supposed to be bidding, then it's Ok - but if I find out I've inadvertently been selling myself short, I'm gonna be pissed! :-S
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby scully19 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 pm

He did use 6m of the MLE. That's what the first year of the bid is. The other years are increased so it brings the average offer up to 6.6. That's the max offer one can make with the MLE.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap