2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

silentjim wrote:
scully19 wrote:First time since free agency opened that there are no live players. Are we done with team building for now?

I'm done. ;-D

Ditto. :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Meh, maybe. :-D My second round guys are yawnstipating in the extreme and I may replace them. That can be done via waiver adds though, so no biggie either way.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby barrec » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Is there an official end to FA? Or just when we decide it is done? I still have a roster spot to fill but free agency isn't the only way to fill it up.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby scully19 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 pm

No there is no end, it's more like the marking of the rush being over, where we can stop checking the site as much.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby KalElen » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

scully19 wrote:No there is no end, it's more like the marking of the rush being over, where we can stop checking the site as much.

exactly.
i want to thank everyone who helped in any way during the auction. i've entered most of the rosters about a week ago, but i probably won't be able to enter rest of them for another week. i'm gonna keep "off-season" open until monday 25th by which time all teams will have to fulfill roster requirements and our "season" will begin. we're probably going to have two slow weeks until then. i've noticed that there was some discussion about rule changes and i'll look at it as soon i'm able, probably in a week or two. in the mean time you are free to bid on players, make moves or discuss anything related to rule changes (those who don't like points system should come up with alternatives)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:03 am

Scully, do you need to waive the rest of your MLE before making min bids on players? I don't think you can ever really use your .2 remaining anyway since it's less than a min offer, but it seems like an odd loophole that you technically have money available, but aren't spending it.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby scully19 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 am

I don't see how it really makes a difference because min bids don't count against the cap, and as you said, the MLE I have remaining is unspendable anyways, so I don't have any extra money really. I'll go ahead and waive the MLE now, but I don't see how it makes a difference.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:16 am

scully19 wrote:I don't see how it really makes a difference because min bids don't count against the cap, and as you said, the MLE I have remaining is unspendable anyways, so I don't have any extra money really. I'll go ahead and waive the MLE now, but I don't see how it makes a difference.

I don't think it makes a difference, it just seems weird...

Also, I think you're saying one thing, but don't mean it. Minimum bids do count against your cap, you're just allowed to go over the soft cap when offering a minimum bid to a player.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scully19 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:20 am

During the first year we had min bids not count against the cap so that teams who ran out of money first not have an advantage over other teams being able to match. Not sure if that changed or was only temporary but that was a rule then. They count against you cap in the end, but not during the process.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:24 am

scully19 wrote:During the first year we had min bids not count against the cap so that teams who ran out of money first not have an advantage over other teams being able to match. Not sure if that changed or was only temporary but that was a rule then. They count against you cap in the end, but not during the process.

Min bids didn't count against the soft cap for teams who were under the cap since that would have created an unfair advantage. Since that was also the introduction of all players (IE an auction), I wouldn't think those rules applied anymore anyway. I could be wrong though.
silentjim

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap