2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 am

I was under the impression that the vote was actually just to get ride of having the guys on the market and not on any team and have to keep track of it by looking through a couple threads to see if an available player is actually available or is part of a team. The IL does still actually exist though and your 2 players on it can not be used, and must be posted in the smack talk spot.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 am

Just looked it up, you guys are right. IL list is gone.

2) Injury List system

Option 1) No change

Option 2) We get 2 extra roster spaces, but these are only to be used for inactive players. We know who a manager's inactive players are by having them displayed in the "smack talk" bar, which is highly visible and easily accessible.

Option 3) We do away with the il list completely and expand active rosters by 2 spots

1) 1
2) 6
3) 9
We do away with the il list completely and expand active rosters by 2 spots
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby So-Tex » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 am

Quick question - I believe it's already been 48hrs since my last bid on Marco Belinelli, so I've gone ahead and dropped Joel Anthony over on the league's site, and posted his waiver here (in Waived Players thread). Do I need to wait for Kal to slot Beli on my team, or do I have to go make a claim on the league's site? I'd like to make the add ASAP, but I'm OK with waiting on Kal to input Beli to my roster.

Just let me know.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 am

So-Tex wrote:Quick question - I believe it's already been 48hrs since my last bid on Marco Belinelli, so I've gone ahead and dropped Joel Anthony over on the league's site, and posted his waiver here (in Waived Players thread). Do I need to wait for Kal to slot Beli on my team, or do I have to go make a claim on the league's site? I'd like to make the add ASAP, but I'm OK with waiting on Kal to input Beli to my roster.

Just let me know.

you shouldn't wait on me. sometimes, i'll be around and do the add, sometimes i won't. just make sure it has been 48h ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 am

KalElen wrote:
So-Tex wrote:Quick question - I believe it's already been 48hrs since my last bid on Marco Belinelli, so I've gone ahead and dropped Joel Anthony over on the league's site, and posted his waiver here (in Waived Players thread). Do I need to wait for Kal to slot Beli on my team, or do I have to go make a claim on the league's site? I'd like to make the add ASAP, but I'm OK with waiting on Kal to input Beli to my roster.

Just let me know.

you shouldn't wait on me. sometimes, i'll be around and do the add, sometimes i won't. just make sure it has been 48h ;-D

So then I can just go ahead and make the add on the league site?

Yes, it has been more than 48hrs - I made the bid at 1:45am Tuesday - it's now 5:32am Thursday.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 pm

So-Tex wrote:
KalElen wrote:

Just let me know.

So then I can just go ahead and make the add on the league site?

Yes, it has been more than 48hrs - I made the bid at 1:45am Tuesday - it's now 5:32am Thursday.

yup
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Another question - if I'm considering waiving one of my rookies, does their salary count against me for only the guaranteed years, or does it count for the option years as well?

For example, if I waive my 1st round rookie who was making 2, 2.5, 3, and 3.5, where the last two years are option years, do all four years count against my salary, or is it just the first two years?

I just want to be clear on that before I decide to make the drop.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KalElen » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:48 pm

So-Tex wrote:Another question - if I'm considering waiving one of my rookies, does their salary count against me for only the guaranteed years, or does it count for the option years as well?

For example, if I waive my 1st round rookie who was making 2, 2.5, 3, and 3.5, where the last two years are option years, do all four years count against my salary, or is it just the first two years?

I just want to be clear on that before I decide to make the drop.

only guaranteed years count against your cap
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Question (I feel like Dwight starting a post off with that): How can SoTex bid .35M for Davis when he is over the cap? I thought .25M was the max bid if you are over the soft cap.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Or was SoTex using the remaining of his MLE? The MLE doesn't expire when the off-season concludes?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap