2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Or was SoTex using the remaining of his MLE? The MLE doesn't expire when the off-season concludes?

Yeah, at that point I was using the remaining of my MLE, which was .5 at that time. So I was able to go to .35. Same happened the time before, when I bid on Belinelli.

The way I understood things, we keep whatever MLE we have throughout the season. Once we use it up, or waive it, then we're restricted to soft cap rules which would be as Rockets stated. I think the MLE only expires at the end of the season if I remember correctly.

Did I miss something there? :-?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Here's what's in the rules thread:

-at the start of the off-season all teams will be awarded mle. mle lasts for one year. if it is not used up before next off-season starts, it is forfeited. it can not be traded or combined with other exceptions, it can only be used to sign one or more players. mle counts against team's salary cap as one year contract would. at any point of the off-season a team can forfeit remaining mle and receive additional cap space. teams near the hard cap will only receive part of the mle that brings them to the hard cap limit. when the off-season ends and season starts mle can no longer be forfeited.

That's the way I understood it. In fact, if there was anything I did wrong (technically), it was to waive the remainder of my MLE, which I'm not allowed to do at this time (according to the rule).

However...the remainder of my MLE is only .15M, which isn't even enough for a minimum contract offer. And since it can't be used in combination with any other offer, there's really no sense to carry it. The .15 still counts against my cap whether it's there as MLE or not, but it's pretty much dead weight if it can't be used.

Either way, that's what I'm seeing as far as the rule goes. Any other opinions?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Ah, I did not see that section of the rules. That clears it up.

So - I'm almost certain that you did not take those posts the wrong way, but just to make sure, there was no ill will directed towards you. Wasn't trying to insinuate that you were breaking the rules and I needed to shout that to the world. It's more that I am still in the learning process with this league. ;-D
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Ah, I did not see that section of the rules. That clears it up.

So - I'm almost certain that you did not take those posts the wrong way, but just to make sure, there was no ill will directed towards you. Wasn't trying to insinuate that you were breaking the rules and I needed to shout that to the world. It's more that I am still in the learning process with this league. ;-D

Hey, no worries! :-D

In fact...check your PM inbox. No sign of ill will there! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KalElen » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:08 pm

So-Tex wrote:Here's what's in the rules thread:

-at the start of the off-season all teams will be awarded mle. mle lasts for one year. if it is not used up before next off-season starts, it is forfeited. it can not be traded or combined with other exceptions, it can only be used to sign one or more players. mle counts against team's salary cap as one year contract would. at any point of the off-season a team can forfeit remaining mle and receive additional cap space. teams near the hard cap will only receive part of the mle that brings them to the hard cap limit. when the off-season ends and season starts mle can no longer be forfeited.

In fact, if there was anything I did wrong (technically), it was to waive the remainder of my MLE, which I'm not allowed to do at this time (according to the rule).

as you guys figured out, everything is ok here. so tex you can waive mle at any point. check the bolded part. it means remaining portion of the mle whether it's full mle or just .01m

EDIT: ok i missed a part about the off-season, it should be entire season, not just off-season. limiting mle waiving just to off-season makes no sense whatsoever
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:21 pm

KalElen wrote:EDIT: ok i missed a part about the off-season, it should be entire season, not just off-season. limiting mle waiving just to off-season makes no sense whatsoever

Yeah, I figured as much. And since I'm probably never going to ever run my cap up to 79.85, I didn't see an issue with arguing over .15 being held for MLE purposes.

Glad to know I didn't screw that one up! :-°

:-b :-D B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby barrec » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:26 am

Just a clarification question about signing FAs and roster spaces...

I'm at 14 players now but am considering dropping one and signing a FA. Can I put a FA up for auction and then win him before dropping a player on my team to make room? I assume I can and just want to make sure of it.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby scully19 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:27 am

yep
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:35 am

Damn it Fenris! You beat me to Thornton by 5 minutes! :-C
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 am

So-Tex wrote:Damn it Fenris! You beat me to Thornton by 5 minutes! :-C

Ha-ha. :-D

He seemed like a solid end of the bench add, and I've become firmly convinced that Patterson isn't going to play at all short of an act of God. And my team sucks pretty bad, so I need the depth. :-b You could always enter into an acrimonious bidding war with me if you like. Those are always a hoot. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap