2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

I granted you access to all sheets from the start, turns out yahoo works sometimes and not others, we're thinking it has something to do with subemails. Anyways, you want access with this one instead of the yahoo one?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 pm

scully19 wrote:I granted you access to all sheets from the start, turns out yahoo works sometimes and not others, we're thinking it has something to do with subemails. Anyways, you want access with this one instead of the yahoo one?

yup, i tried using yahoo and got nothing
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:19 am

What are the maximum amount of years I can offer to a free agent during the season?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 145)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 am

Same as free agency
< 5M = 2 years
5M > 3 years < 10M
>10M = 4 years
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:59 am

I'm confused. I don't remember seeing an auction thread for DeAndre Jordan, nor can I find a winning bid or 7 day entry for him either, but all the same he's been added to someone's team. Was there a post for him and I just can't find it? :-?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: Deandre Jordan 7 Day Contract

Postby KalElen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

coffeeman wrote:after he was arbitrarily dropped from my roster with no notice.

what you did is against league rules. you can't just add a player without creating a thread. without a thread you have no claim on the player, so i did what i had to do. furthermore i sent you a pm to notify you of this, so you can sign him asap, which i didn't have to do. also you don't have the right to play him today as you didn't properly claim him yesterday
you might feel wronged here, but i don't agree with that view. i was doing my job as a commish here
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 am

I'm with Kal here. You can't just add guys without a thread in this league (although sometimes that would be nice). That's not a hidden rule, or something that someone's springing on you brand new either, it's integral to the way the league works and is certainly not something you should be claiming ignorance about.

At any rate, you can't hack on Kal for doing his job in this case. :-t
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby coffeeman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 am

Okay when I added him I intended to post the 7 day thread here early this morning. I never got the chance. I understand that I need to do both at the same time and will from now on.

That said the rules in this league are complicated. When someone commits a minor infraction like this I don't see the need to jump on them with 2 feet about it. I have seen it before here with others. The rules are long and voluminous and downright complicated. For instance I haven't even wanted to look at trade possibilities unless someone offers a specific proposal cuz of the salary matching complications in the rules. I would like to consider trading my draft picks for next yr. for example to improve my team now while I am competitive but the picks have no $ value so there is still that need to match salaries which is cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to do something now cuz most of my players contracts are up after this year. For ex. I have Kevin Love now but his contract is up after this year and I think he might command just a bit more next year.

Anyways sorry for the infraction and I will try not to commit anymore and avoid anymore thumbs downs.......
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 am

i did not jump on you, i've acted politely. maybe i didn't add words such as please and regards, but i was in no way negative or abusive. also i've asked you nicely not to play him last night, since you had no claim on him and yet you did. so what am i supposed to do now? let it slide or penalize you? you gained no advantege by breaking the rules, but the fact is you broke the rules. last year i had to penalize dv when he gained a game by breaking the rules, so how do i not punish you now?
so after giving this a little thought here is my decision:
as a punishment coffeeman will not be allowed to sign players to 7 day contracts for 2 weeks after deandre jordan's runs out
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:29 pm

coffeeman has the right to object to my ruling in which case league will be asked to make the final decision via vote
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap