2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:52 am

Are you expecting anything out of Yao next season?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 am

If you're asking me, honestly I don't know, that trade was based around getting the pick. At this point I'm just waiting on more news about him before I do anything. It does give me the option of waiving him next year when I am over the cap (which is pretty much guaranteed already) and get quite a large player exception to be able to sign someone else, so I can wait well into the off season before doing anything with him and I'll decide then. As of now I'm betting against him. Same foot breaking in 2 different places and the fact that it is very hard for people of his size to heal from feet injuries means he is going to likely have issues with that foot from now on.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Gerald Henderson

Postby KalElen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:41 am

Fenris-77 wrote:.275 + .275

@#$%& :-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 am

scully19 wrote:If you're asking me, honestly I don't know, that trade was based around getting the pick. At this point I'm just waiting on more news about him before I do anything. It does give me the option of waiving him next year when I am over the cap (which is pretty much guaranteed already) and get quite a large player exception to be able to sign someone else, so I can wait well into the off season before doing anything with him and I'll decide then. As of now I'm betting against him. Same foot breaking in 2 different places and the fact that it is very hard for people of his size to heal from feet injuries means he is going to likely have issues with that foot from now on.

Ah, I didnt see the pick in the deal. Can you elaborate on the player exception? I'm curious about it for my own sake. Is it the injury exception?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby scully19 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:38 am

Ya with Yao I can waive him and spend 60% of his salary on one player. Or waive that and have more cap space if I have any to begin with (which I don't)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby KalElen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 am

scully19 wrote:Ya with Yao I can waive him and spend 60% of his salary on one player. Or waive that and have more cap space if I have any to begin with (which I don't)

or you could get under the cap (if you were close to it) which might help facilitate a trade
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 am

You know something, I find myself tempted to outbid on Randy Foye just becauase I can. :-b I'm not sure what that says about me either. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 am

Future of the league is up in the air with the commish leaving next season. Something we need to figure out.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Future of the league is up in the air with the commish leaving next season. Something we need to figure out.

My concern, which is why I mentioned it in the other thread, stems from only 4 or 5 people even mentioning anything or responding to this.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby barrec » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm

silentjim wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Future of the league is up in the air with the commish leaving next season. Something we need to figure out.

My concern, which is why I mentioned it in the other thread, stems from only 4 or 5 people even mentioning anything or responding to this.

I hear ya. I will admit didn't fully grok what it meant, but definitely realize the implications now.

Well, anyone want to step up and lead? I'd like to see the league going.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap