2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:20 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Keeping this alive. B-)

+1! ;-D

Haven't been thinking too much about basketball the last few weeks...just letting the brain rejuvinate for the upcoming season (or in this case, off-season ;-) ).
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby So-Tex » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:53 am

Just curious:

First off, did we ever solve who would be taking over as league commish? I didn't think we did, but just wanted to stir up some conversation regarding the matter.

And secondly: are we now officially in the "off season" for the upcoming year?

Or are we in some kind of fantasy basketball "limbo"... :-o [cue The Twilight Zone music]

:-D ;-) B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby dasein » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

seems like limbo to me. We'll have plenty of time during the lock out to sort everything though. ;-)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 431)

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 am

We need to finish figuring out what to do with the draft as well, which should probably be up near the top since we are about to have one.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby barrec » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 am

scully19 wrote:We need to finish figuring out what to do with the draft as well, which should probably be up near the top since we are about to have one.

Yes, yes indeed. Is it a matter of someone taking charge and organizing it? Also, is everyone else back in? Should we make sure we have a full compliment of players first?
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 pm

I believe we took a poll and everyone was back in except Kal. I'd have to look it up to be sure though.

As far as the draft and rules changes go, I'm all for holding off a little and seeing what the lockout and new CBA look like. This league is supposed to mimic the NBA as much as possible anyway, so I think that's the best idea. We could go ahead and do the draft lottery and stuff though, I suppose, if we wanted to feel like we were accomplishing something.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby scully19 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Fixing the draft didn't have so much to do with someone organizing as much as agreeing on some of the rules changes we discussed, like giving the bottom teams a better shot at getting the top pick.

As far as holding off, I don't think we need to wait for the CBA with the draft, since the NBA isn't waiting either and we are mimicking.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I think we need to decide what we're potentially going to do with the cap before we start monkeying around with the lottery weighting. For example, if we were going to lower the cap and allow guys to amnesty off a bad contract then there's maybe less need to re-weight the draft (since bad contracts are as big an obstacle to the bas teams as lack of talent is.

Personally, I'd just weight it the same as the NBA draft lottery, scaled for our number of teams, and have done with it.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I think we need to decide what we're potentially going to do with the cap before we start monkeying around with the lottery weighting. For example, if we were going to lower the cap and allow guys to amnesty off a bad contract then there's maybe less need to re-weight the draft (since bad contracts are as big an obstacle to the bas teams as lack of talent is.

Personally, I'd just weight it the same as the NBA draft lottery, scaled for our number of teams, and have done with it.

Spoken like a true league commish... :-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I think we need to decide what we're potentially going to do with the cap before we start monkeying around with the lottery weighting. For example, if we were going to lower the cap and allow guys to amnesty off a bad contract then there's maybe less need to re-weight the draft (since bad contracts are as big an obstacle to the bas teams as lack of talent is.

Spoken like a true league commish... :-B

Hush. :-X

Oh, and everyone feel free to weigh in on the various blind waiver ideas they might have. I posted a topic about it, but there are so many stickied topics here that I doubt anyone's actually seen it. Just scroll down ... :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap