2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:28 am

Loooking at the opinions both in this thread and elsewhere, I think we should maybe shelve the idea of a redraft, at least for this year. There are a bunch of other rules amendments on the table that will help level the playing field, and I think those are worth exploring as a first option. If we try them out and the result is less than satisfactory then we can always pursue a redraft in a subsequent year.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Markos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 am

Yeah, probably good that the question was asked but at 7-2 against it's pretty obvious how most GM's feel. As is we are going to see a few changes that will help GM's turn their franchises around

Amnesty clause
Lotto odds reflective of the NBA's
3 x Bench slots for holding prospects
Ability to retain player's rights without signing them
Ability to clear buyout debts early
Blind bidding system, with reformed tiebreaker

All these changes will definitely help teams looking to rebuild
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby dasein » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am

Markos wrote:Yeah, probably good that the question was asked but at 7-2 against it's pretty obvious how most GM's feel. As is we are going to see a few changes that will help GM's turn their franchises around

Amnesty clause
Lotto odds reflective of the NBA's
3 x Bench slots for holding prospects
Ability to retain player's rights without signing them
Ability to clear buyout debts early
Blind bidding system, with reformed tiebreaker

All these changes will definitely help teams looking to rebuild

have we officially decided on all this stuff? I think it all looks pretty good (except for not being sure what blind bidding means), but maybe we need a clear summary of all the rule changes and then make sure that we're on board with them. Or do we need to wait for the new NBA CBA before we finalise? I'm just not sure what the plan is at this stage.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 434)

Postby Markos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:43 pm

I don't think we'll wait for the new CBA, rather get our own system up and then have some discussions next offseason about some further changes to bring things closer to the new CBA. If/when the NBA and the union get us a new CBA things could move pretty quickly and we may not have time to hold these sorts of discussions before the first games start.

Also, not sure if all the rule changes posted above are definite, but at this stage there is certainly support for each of them and in general the changes seem to be coming together. We still need to nut out a few things no doubt, and like dasein I think we need a clear summary of all the rule changes.

Even more than that I think it's probably time we worked out exactly who is going to be on committee and what their role will be. Could probably do with it's own thread.
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Should we start thinking about getting back on track with the rules/draft/etc?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Yeah. :-o I'll try to take a look at the rules this week and at least make a list of what we may need to change.

Unless someone's strongly against it I think we should go with the blind waiver system, plus a handful of the other things we've talked about, but maybe leave the rules essentially as-is otherwise. If we're going to get solid official rules written up we don't have a lot more time for discussing options and I don't think we have time to re-write the entire rule book (and I know I don't have the inclination to do so).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 am

I apologize that I haven't been more active or involved in the process - I've got some ideas, but I just don't have the time to flush them out properly like
I said I would. But I agree with Red that we should start moving forward with more urgency.

Do the best you can Fenris - I'm sure we can all meet in the middle somewhere in order to keep this league going! ;-D

The only other thing I can suggest at the moment is another roll-call of sorts - I know we did one some time ago, but we should refresh. We still need to replace Kal, and we also need to make sure everyone's still on board.

Otherwise, let's get things rolling! I'm ready to drop about half of my roster and start rebuilding this season! :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby hi chi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Roll calling in...I am good with what is decided for rules this year...with the lockout who the hell knows what is going to happen.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:30 am

Jesus, my list of offseason shizz to do is friggin' immense. :-o

I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel here, but we do need to make a couple of key changes. I have had no time recently, but I'll try to get on the rules set at my earliest opportunity. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Markos » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 am

Anyone looking for another salaried keeper league to get into, I have 2 vacancies in my league and I need to fill them preferably by Sunday October 9th when free agency kicks off (regardless of lockout)

www.eastsidefantasy.proboards.com

PM me for more details, or just go and sign up at the above site and PM me there.

Mark
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap