2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby Markos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 am

That seems to have played a part, it's funny how guys making the big money will put their own interests ahead of the common good, or the people they claim to be representing, while folks like us looking from the outside in would if, had we made 2.5m per the last ten or so years, happily take one for the team or just retire and go sit by the pool.

I guess he has a family to feed
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 am

Markos wrote:I guess he has a family to feed

lol :-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 am

silentjim wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Well, it looks like we will have plenty of time to tweak the rules.

Players should have accepted the proposal.

As I said over on Buser's forum, I'm pissed the player's side/union were not more proactive immediately after the lockout began. At that time, they'd have had time to go to court w/o really risking a lost season (ala the NFL).

Hindsight is 20/20. If they had de-ceritified early the blame would have been on them for not showing the initiative to deal. At least in the scenario Stern keeps looking more and more like an ass.

Understandable, but they could have protected themselves with all the talk the owners have had the last several years.

Markos wrote:I support the players, seeing these billionaire owners trying to guarantee their profits would only further increase the value of their teams they bought as a hobby. If you want guaranteed profits, and salary cap rules designed to protect yourselves from you own stupidity, sell the team, buy some government bonds and piss off quietly.

Agreed. Since when should profits be guaranteed in capitalism? :-P

Fenris-77 wrote:There's a lot of talk about how Hunter has been prtocting his job as much as anything else through this process, and up to a point I think it's probably true. Decertification could have cost him job, while dragging things out and then going with statement of disinterest avoids the potential to be voted out of a job by a disgruntled player base. I'm not saying that's his only motive through this whole sorry drama, but I do think it played a role.

Interesting, haven't read this before.

As far as our league, at this point it appears the present majority are in favor of only re-tweaking. Should we continue the baby steps and next figure a commish? Markos, would you do it even though Fenris is telling you to leave the tyranny at home? Rockets? Anyone else I'm missing?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 am

Markos wrote:That seems to have played a part, it's funny how guys making the big money will put their own interests ahead of the common good, or the people they claim to be representing, while folks like us looking from the outside in would if, had we made 2.5m per the last ten or so years, happily take one for the team or just retire and go sit by the pool.

Are you referring to Sunday's 60 minutes story about our fabulous Congressmen and their stock purchases? :-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Markos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 am

RedHopeful wrote:As far as our league, at this point it appears the present majority are in favor of only re-tweaking. Should we continue the baby steps and next figure a commish? Markos, would you do it.....?

I'm only offering to commish if it's weekly league, with simplified rules and a reboot, because there is just way to much demanded of the commish under the current setup. The onus is on the guys in favour of the tweaks.
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby So-Tex » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 am

Markos wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:As far as our league, at this point it appears the present majority are in favor of only re-tweaking. Should we continue the baby steps and next figure a commish? Markos, would you do it.....?

I'm only offering to commish if it's weekly league, with simplified rules and a reboot, because there is just way to much demanded of the commish under the current setup. The onus is on the guys in favour of the tweaks.

I don't mind the tweaks, but I don't want a weekly league. I know it's convenient for most, but I'm getting enough of my "weekly" league fix with my fantasy football squads (and then some - I'm taking a brutal pounding this season all across the board! !+) ). I'm actually into my fantasy hockey team right now (never played before this season) - and a good chunk of that has to do with the daily routine and tweaking I get to do, similar to basketball.

Nope, don't want a "set it and forget it" type of league - might as well buy a Showtime Rotisserie cooker from Mr. Popeil if that's the case.

At least I'll have chicken! :-B
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby Markos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:07 am

Like I said, the onus is on you guys who want to simply tweak the rules and keep things rolling. I'm plenty happy just being a GM
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby dasein » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 am

Draft Lottery Results

powerball numbers for 16 Nov 2011: 13, 22, 25, 39, 51, 28

Winning teams:

1st pick: scully
2nd pick: SoTex
3rd pick: Miami Fusterclucks

So I have the worst record and don't finish in the top 3...might have been pissed if it wasn't a horrible draft and I hadn't traded my pick. ;-)

For the rest of the draft order, do we use the final regular season standings, or the final-final standings? Also, have all the traded draftpicks been recorded somewhere, or do you have to fish through the trade thread?
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby scully19 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I thought there was a draft traded thread, but the trade thread isn't too hard to look through right now.

The draft order from here goes worst records to best.

Also, just looking over the numbers there, and it seems you used the wrong powerball numbers, those go up to 60 seemingly, whereas we only have up to 45 of the numbers assigned. We used the http://www.ozlotteries.com/lotto-results/powerball site for the numbers.

Actual winning numbers:
16-25-6-4-20-18

Which makes the draft order:
1. scully19
2. So-Tex
3. dasein
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby dasein » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 am

scully19 wrote: Also, just looking over the numbers there, and it seems you used the wrong powerball numbers, those go up to 60 seemingly, whereas we only have up to 45 of the numbers assigned. We used the http://www.ozlotteries.com/lotto-results/powerball site for the numbers.

Actual winning numbers:
16-25-6-4-20-18

Which makes the draft order:
1. scully19
2. So-Tex
3. dasein

rightio, thanks for that. ;-D

scully19 wrote:The draft order from here goes worst records to best.

I take this to mean the record before the playoffs started. Not the final order based on playoff results.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap