2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:11 am

I wasn't indirectly slagging your tiebreak system. ;-D I think the numbers you look more or less right actually. I still can't decide if I'd rather have a points based system like you have here (and I've suggested earlier) or a series like I suggested earlier in this thread. Both would work, they just weight things a little differently.

I'd have no problem using the tie break system you suggest for the upcoming season and seeing how it works. I'll mull over the details, but as I said, it looks about right in general. That's not to say that there are small issues with the system, only that I'd have to in more detail to decide that there weren't.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:04 am

First order of business - finding a replacement owner for Kal. Suggestions?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:20 am

Fenris-77 wrote:I wasn't indirectly slagging your tiebreak system. ;-D I think the numbers you look more or less right actually. I still can't decide if I'd rather have a points based system like you have here (and I've suggested earlier) or a series like I suggested earlier in this thread. Both would work, they just weight things a little differently.

I'd have no problem using the tie break system you suggest for the upcoming season and seeing how it works. I'll mull over the details, but as I said, it looks about right in general. That's not to say that there are small issues with the system, only that I'd have to in more detail to decide that there weren't.

Never thought you were. I just felt it was a good time to explain to the entire league what my thought process was, and to alleviate the concerns of a tiebreaker helping "the rich get richer."
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby hi chi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I think going to a 72ish cap with no soft cap makes sense. Very excited to get rolling again!!! ;-D
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby Markos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm down for a hard cap, simplifies things a bit.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby scully19 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Why not just go with 80 for the hard cap? Some people were working towards that number, and have guys that are going to raise their salary up. Also an easier number to work with. Either way I'm good.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:54 pm

scully19 wrote:Why not just go with 80 for the hard cap? Some people were working towards that number, and have guys that are going to raise their salary up. Also an easier number to work with. Either way I'm good.

I'm good with either number, although I do prefer 80 as well. Rounds things out easily, I think.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 pm

If we want a lower cap moving forward but still want to leave teams with the numbers they weree loking at for this season we could always leave it at 80 this year and scale it back to 75 or 72.5 next year. That might be unnecessarily complicated though. I'm fine with a hard cap anywhere in the range of 72.5 to 80M really.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:24 am

RocketsDWM wrote:First order of business - finding a replacement owner for Kal. Suggestions?

We have two realistic options. One is to find a new owner quickly (within a week or so), so that we can get the offseason started. Or we disband his team, and put all the players in the offseason free agent pool and we look at future expansion when we aren't under such a huge time crunch.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am

scully19 wrote:Why not just go with 80 for the hard cap? Some people were working towards that number, and have guys that are going to raise their salary up. Also an easier number to work with. Either way I'm good.

I prefer 72.5 million to 80 because it's going to be much harder for teams with higher salaries to keep their teams together and thus force more player movement.

I'm fine with 80 million if that's the majority opinion but I think a lower hard cap number will create more opportunity for balancing out rosters because it will be harder to pay a bunch of good fantasy players.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap