2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:52 pm

DVauthrin wrote:Two, I feel like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sorry DV - you should know me well enough by now to know molehills to mountains is my specialty! O:-)

:-B ;-) B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:02 pm

So-Tex wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:Two, I feel like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sorry DV - you should know me well enough by now to know molehills to mountains is my specialty! O:-)

:-B ;-) B-)

Honestly, my family would say the same about me. I am quick tempered and emotional by nature. Also, I want to say thank you for all the help and hard work you, Dasein and the rest of the league put in to make great strides in improving the league. Without all of our hard work, a really unique league might have gone by the wayside. And I won't stop trying to improve the league until its as close to perfect as it can get.

Now as we all know, Rome wasn't built in a day, but we are much closer to a beautiful system than we were before. Plus, I'm happy we pulled this league off with the shortened timetable to replace 3 owners.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I don't want to make more work for anyone, but do we think it's possible that if we run into two or more max deals on a players, that someone can run the tiebreaker rules for all teams right away, that way the second guys who's undoubtedly losing can have his 20 million dollar bid freed up to make other bids? It would also move the process along and add more players to the pool faster.

I'll also admit personally that if for whatever reason I have no interest in Westbrook for example, but for some reason would win all the tiebreakers and thus have his rights, I then might bid the max for him? Not sure how selfish or weird that's interpreted, but still..

thoughts? Dasein I think I'm looking at you. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 pm

silentjim wrote:I don't want to make more work for anyone, but do we think it's possible that if we run into two or more max deals on a players, that someone can run the tiebreaker rules for all teams right away, that way the second guys who's undoubtedly losing can have his 20 million dollar bid freed up to make other bids? It would also move the process along and add more players to the pool faster.

I'll also admit personally that if for whatever reason I have no interest in Westbrook for example, but for some reason would win all the tiebreakers and thus have his rights, I then might bid the max for him? Not sure how selfish or weird that's interpreted, but still..

I'm going to make this simple Jim. If you are the owner of one of the stars, and don't have another star to take away playing time at that position(your other free agents don't count) as long as you bid the max over 4 years, you retain your player.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:32 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
silentjim wrote:I don't want to make more work for anyone, but do we think it's possible that if we run into two or more max deals on a players, that someone can run the tiebreaker rules for all teams right away, that way the second guys who's undoubtedly losing can have his 20 million dollar bid freed up to make other bids? It would also move the process along and add more players to the pool faster.

I'm going to make this simple Jim. If you are the owner of one of the stars, and don't have another star to take away playing time at that position(your other free agents don't count) as long as you bid the max over 4 years, you retain your player.

Not really too concerned about my players as I am other star players.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:37 pm

silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

My point was all of the star players as it stands will stay with their current teams. unless we hold off auctioning them to the very end where you might sign a guy that blocks your star 1st, changing the tiebreaker.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

My point was all of the star players as it stands will stay with their current teams. unless we hold off auctioning them to the very end where you might sign a guy that blocks your star 1st, changing the tiebreaker.

Gotcha. ;-D Glad that we're auctioning of the big guns fast and early then. :-D
silentjim

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Guys you don't need to figure out exactly what % they are increasing, just know if it is more than 10%. This is easy, just move the decimal point over 1 spot, if the bid is more than that value it is more than 10%.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby So-Tex » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Why is the Dwight Howard thread locked?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Because he was bid on max contract by the guy who previously owned him, and he could not be outbid, so might as well end it.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap