2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm

I think they do it sometimes based on consistent % change, and sometimes consistent $ change.

I'm looking at the external links thread, and they have it listed that FA group 5 will go first...and did...but that group 1 would be next. It seems though as if the next person seem to be from the same row, but the group doesn't matter. Wrong?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 pm

scully19 wrote:I'm looking at the external links thread, and they have it listed that FA group 5 will go first...and did...but that group 1 would be next. It seems though as if the next person seem to be from the same row, but the group doesn't matter. Wrong?

Yeah, not sure really what happened. If someone from the first group (IE group 5) is won, then the next person up for bid should have been from the same row, but in the next randomized group (5,1,6,2,7, and so forth). Or so that's how I thought it was going to work.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 pm

At least we followed same row. We can fix this from now on, the max contracts guys would be way ahead now anyways, but everyone else is pretty close.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:52 pm

scully19 wrote:At least we followed same row. We can fix this from now on, the max contracts guys would be way ahead now anyways, but everyone else is pretty close.

If David wants he can just rearrange the groups in the google doc to be in order of nomination that way once someone is won, we can just move to the guy to the right from here on out. That makes more sense now right?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:56 pm

scully19 wrote:At least we followed same row. We can fix this from now on, the max contracts guys would be way ahead now anyways, but everyone else is pretty close.

After group 5 was posted, the intention was when a player was won from that group, any player on that player's row was to be auctioned next. the randomizing of the groups just dictated which group went first because there were issues about me picking which players came out first. after that it's not really necessary in my opinion. that said if you want to match up groups and rows I can do it from now on.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Doesn't matter at all to me, just thought we were supposed to be following those group orders. Random works fine for me.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 pm

DVauthrin wrote:

After group 5 was posted, the intention was when a player was won from that group, any player on that player's row was to be auctioned next. the randomizing of the groups just dictated which group went first because there were issues about me picking which players came out first. after that it's not really necessary in my opinion. that said if you want to match up groups and rows I can do it from now on.

I like the idea of semi knowing when players are going to become available, so moving from group to group in an organized fashion might make the most sense? rhetorical.
silentjim

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 am

silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

I like the idea of semi knowing when players are going to become available, so moving from group to group in an organized fashion might make the most sense? rhetorical.

Fair enough i'll make the change from here out. Beasley(on terry's row in group 1) just posted after Terry was won by Barrec.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 am

Can someone do me a favor? I will probably be working all day tomorrow so if Chris Paul comes up for auction, I'm putting in a four year max deal for him. I don't want to lose him so if someone could make that bid for me, it would be much appreciated.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Can someone do me a favor? I will probably be working all day tomorrow so if Chris Paul comes up for auction, I'm putting in a four year max deal for him. I don't want to lose him so if someone could make that bid for me, it would be much appreciated.

i'll put the 80M bid in for you when I post Paul(after granger's auction ends)
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap