Discussion Board - Draft Discussion & Commentary Goes Here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Cafe H2H-Keepers

Discussion Board - Draft Discussion & Commentary Goes Here

Moderator: TheJordanRulz

Discussion Board - Draft Discussion & Commentary Goes Here

Postby TheJordanRulz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:52 pm

send me a PM with your email if you did not get the invite
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Discussion Board - League set up on yahoo now

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey guys, just a quick update. jayreyd joined the league page so we now have 3 open spots and 4 guys on the waiting list so we're exactly where we want to be in that respect.

A few things we need to discuss:

1 - Should we allow new managers to choose open teams on a first come first served basis so the managers who posted their interest first get first choice? For simplicity sake, I say that's what we do, but I also want input from the rest of the members. Thoughts?

2 - There was talk last year of doing something new to establish what draft picks the teams that performed the worst last year get. The reason there was discussion about it was because Sakuraba absolutely tanked it and had the worst record. If he had set his lineup at least some of the time, I believe that he would not have had the worst record. That said, his team's finish can't be overlooked. I would like to propose doing a weighted lottery for all of the teams that ended up in the bottom 6 and went into the consolation rounds last year. So far I've found that we can do this on http://www.draftpicklottery.com . We can even pick how many lottery balls each team gets in their custom mode. Thoughts?

3 - Yahoo now has a new feature where you can make roster moves for that same day. I don't see why we wouldn't want to do this. Does anyone object? If anyone objects, we will have a vote. If no one objects, I'd like to make this change. If the yahoo fantasy nba iphone app is like their fantasy mlb app, you are only able to make roster moves via the app if you are set up where you can make same day moves.

Here's what yahoo has to say about it:

If you choose to configure your league to allow transactions to take effect on the day they are made, you will be able to add free agents to your roster for the current day so long as all transactions are completed no later than five minutes before the start of each player's game. None of the players involved in a move can have played or be within five minutes of their game's start time, or the transaction will not be allowed. So, for example, transactions for all players who play at 4:30 pm PT must be completed by 4:25 pm PT.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby realsniper09 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 am

1. Don't mind. As long as they are active. I did like the mini-draft idea though, especially if one of the keeper teams is extremely weak with no hope for the near future.

2. I kinda like it. The site seems perfect set-up for something like this. It's a good idea. Heavily favour the bottom 3 though, I reckon. Having the #1 pick in a keep-6 keeper is quite valuable, so a lottery is a good way to go about it.

3. Don't really have an opinion for this, though it could change how it's played.
realsniper09
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:41 pm

For #3, I will have a vote if anyone objects. It's more of an ease of use thing for me than a strategy thing. I've really enjoyed this feature in the ESPN leagues I've been in the last few years since I like to see what has happened the night before prior to making a move for the next day sometimes and especially when I'm trying to do this for multiple leagues, it's hurt my my sleep. I'd rather give the wife less reasons to dislike fantasy if at all possible.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Xavi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:23 pm

#1 - I liked the Mini-Drafts last Year, fair chance for everyone.

#2 - Good idea.

#3 - I absolutely love this feature on ESPN and would very much welcome it on Yahoo as well.
Xavi
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby TheJordanRulz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Set to go on the mini-draft, weighted lottery results will be out later today. I won't be able to email out results of the weighted lottery (what can I say? I'm cheap and don't want to pay the $2) so I'll take a screen print and can email that if anyone wants it.

YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO MAKE TRADES!!!
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Discussion Board - Including Mini-Draft discussion

Postby TheJordanRulz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:44 pm

If grifoman isn't around tonight, I might have to seriously consider replacing him. If all 3 of you guys are around ta the same time (and Lilstinkylynx is never to far), this should go pretty quickly.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby grifoman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Hey I am in. Sorry all. I checked for updates yesterday, and I did not see any.
grifoman
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby TheJordanRulz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm

it's all good, just try and be as available as possible the next few days
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheJordanRulz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 pm

can the mini-drafters please make posted on the team rosters thread and update your rosters as you pick guys? thx!
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Cafe H2H-Keepers