2010-2011 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2010-2011 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

Re: 2010-2011 Discussion Thread

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 pm

What do you guys think of the league so far?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:15 am

RedHopeful wrote:What do you guys think of the league so far?

If this were a keeper, I would be airmailing this season to tank for next year already. Unfortunately, that is not an option. :*)
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby samo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:49 pm

RedHopeful wrote:What do you guys think of the league so far?

It's just such a pleasure/luxury being able to have two dependable 1st Rounders (Dirk/Deron) who complement each other's strengths. No way to really achieve that in a standard draft league without pulling off some sort of ridiculous trade. The auction may have dragged on a bit, but the ability to pay for the players you truly want rather than choose among a smaller class of guys who happen to "fall" to you in a draft is just a totally different experience.
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:58 pm

First you weenies! :-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 am

I like the auction format. My team has fallen off the map in the last month and change, but whatevs. It was actually a disadvantage to have a team as deep (and flat) as mine because I really wasn't in the market for a lot of WW adds in the early going, and that's cost me big time. Next go around I think I'll jump harder on the tier one guys. The waiting-and-see draft approach was a conscious decision on my part though, so I'm not complaining.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I like the auction format. My team has fallen off the map in the last month and change, but whatevs. It was actually a disadvantage to have a team as deep (and flat) as mine because I really wasn't in the market for a lot of WW adds in the early going, and that's cost me big time. Next go around I think I'll jump harder on the tier one guys. The waiting-and-see draft approach was a conscious decision on my part though, so I'm not complaining.

Hmm, I feel just the opposite. By not throwing out crazy money on say two top guys, I was able to go after and land the guys I really wanted. By having a deep talented team, I've been able to withstand the injuries to Gordon/Noah...
RedHopeful

Postby geodbear » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:01 am

Going into the last, week basically tied up with the two Justins (ggs and rounders) for that last playoff slot. Rounders has the tie-breaker edge.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:28 pm

geodbear wrote:Going into the last, week basically tied up with the two Justins (ggs and rounders) for that last playoff slot. Rounders has the tie-breaker edge.

My team was looking strong to be competitive for that spot before half of my team got hurt 2-3 weeks ago. :,-(
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Congrats again to Dino Mite for the win.

Also a post to avoid getting eaten. It looks like we've lost a few leagues here.
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby geodbear » Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 am

geodbear wrote:Congrats again to Dino Mite for the win.

Also a post to avoid getting eaten. It looks like we've lost a few leagues here.
geodbear

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Auction