1. (24) Steve Nash (Pho - PG) $53 Dread Pirates 2. (31) Joe Johnson (Atl - SG,SF) $44 Dread Pirates 3. (48) Raymond Felton (NY - PG,SG) $15 Dread Pirates 4. (58) Danilo Gallinari (NY - SF) $20 Dread Pirates 5. (62) Devin Harris (NJ - PG) $15 Dread Pirates 6. (66) Luis Scola (Hou - PF,C) $15 Dread Pirates 7. (73) Trevor Ariza (NO - SG,SF) $26 Dread Pirates (overpay, but I need the Stl and he was a perfect fit) 8. (78) Channing Frye (Pho - PF,C) $11 Dread Pirates 9. (80) Chris Kaman (LAC - C) $12 Dread Pirates 10. (83) Andris Biedrins (GS - C) $11 Dread Pirates 11. (91) John Salmons (Mil - SG,SF) $10 Dread Pirates 12. (97) Luol Deng (Chi - SF) $8 Dread Pirates 13. (98) Jameer Nelson (Orl - PG) $14 Dread Pirates (overpay, but I had a bundle of cash left, so whatevs)
The top-end guys were going for a small fortune mostly, so I decided to see what I could get done drafting for depth. I wasa pretty happy with Felton, Harris, and Scola for $15 each, and that allowed me to overspend a little on Ariza. Beidrins and Kaman aren't a perfect fit for a small ball team like this one, but they were good value and in a 2 C league I needed someone to play in those slots. At the cost, which was low in both cases, I may look to trade them away if they're playing well.
1. (39) Derrick Rose PG 2. (49) Marc Gasol C 3. (52) Joakim Noah PF,C 4. (60) Kevin Garnett PF 5. (68) DeMarcus Cousins PF,C 6. (72) Jrue Holiday PG 7. (85) O.J. Mayo SG 8. (87) Eric Gordon SG 9. (88) Roy Hibbert C 10. (106) Nicolas Batum SG,SF 11. (109) Vince Carter SG,SF 12. (110) Tony Parker PG 13. (111) Mike Miller SG,SF
When you show up 40 minutes late, expect a draft like this!
I'm not entirely upset with it though as I had a definite advantage in targeting players after the first 36 or so due to having a considerable amount of more money on hand. Only regret is I should have pursured either AK or Camby a bit harder earlier in the draft.
Snuka 1. (14) Dirk Nowitzki (Dal - PF) $89 - My preferred H2H strategy seems to be equal parts stale and oddly effective. Dirk fits. 2. (15) Deron Williams (Uta - PG) $71 - Never had him on a team; should be fun. 3. (65) Ray Allen (Bos - SG) $18 - Again, suits the cats I like to win every week. Was prepared to spend $30+, but Ray's old and boring I guess. 4. (77) Jason Terry (Dal - PG,SG) $10 - Really? Again, was prepared to spend $25+ on a guy who's basically Manu. 5. (84) Andrei Kirilenko (Uta - SF,PF) $15 - Not my standard rock-solid character guy, but good to own fun players in a fun league. 6. (90) Samuel Dalembert (Sac - C) $10 - Take the injury hit and move on. 7. (99) Elton Brand (Phi - PF,C) $7 - So weird I got this guy. Scratching my head. Huh? 8. (101) Andre Miller (Por - PG) $9 - One more decent season Andre. 9. (122) Boris Diaw (Cha - SF,PF) $3 - samo. Love. Boris. 10. (130) Josh McRoberts (Ind - PF,C) $5 - C'mon baby, take that team ovah with your freakish talent! You know you want to. Forget getting it to the big man down low. 11. (131) Luke Ridnour (Min - PG) $8 - Last chance to run an NBA team Luke, get 'er done. 12. (143) Shane Battier (Hou - SF) $7 - Actually still have my old "Linus" blanket too. So sad. 13. (145) Kirk Hinrich (Was - PG,SG) $8 - Kirk may thrive amidst the madness.
All in all, very pleased to throw these gentlemen into battle.
1. (4) Danny Granger (Ind - SF,PF) $74 2. (34) Al Jefferson (Uta - PF,C) $41 3. (40) Aaron Brooks (Hou - PG) $20 4. (41) Manu Ginobili (SA - SG) $48 5. (47) Stephen Jackson (Cha - SG,SF) $31 6. (54) Baron Davis (LAC - PG) $28 7. (123) Corey Maggette (Mil - SF,PF) $2 8. (124) Greg Oden (Por - C) $2 9. (136) Mehmet Okur (Uta - C) $2 10. (148) Rudy Fernandez (Por - SG) $1 11. (154) Brad Miller (Hou - C) $4 12. (156) Ramon Sessions (Cle - PG,SG) $3 13. (157) Shawn Marion (Dal - SF,PF) $2
Love the deal I got on Jefferson, but unfortunately he's not a great fit for what I was shooting for. I over paid on Manu as well, but would have felt better doing so if I hadn't locked up $41 on Jefferson. I like the deals I got in the middle and late. I'm also fielding an all injured center team.
(Past Year: 601)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
1. (3) Dwight Howard (Orl - C) $89 2. (6) Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG) $52 3. (21) Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF) $54 4. (61) Andrew Bogut (Mil - C) $15 5. (63) Antawn Jamison (Cle - SF,PF) $18 6. (79) Marcus Thornton (NO - SG) $6 7. (126) Evan Turner (Phi - SG,SF) $4 8. (135) Jarrett Jack (Tor - PG,SG) $7 9. (138) Amir Johnson (Tor - PF) $6 10. (149) Jeff Teague (Atl - PG,SG) $3 11. (158) Wesley Johnson (Min - SF) $1 12. (163) Arron Afflalo (Den - SG) $2 13. (165) Marreese Speights (Phi - PF,C) $3
Dwight Howard build: The auction edition.
I liked getting Rondo at $52, was cheaper than all of the other point guards in his tier and not like everyone didn't know I was gunning for him. J Smoove got pricey, Wallace was $7 cheaper and also a pretty good pick to go with Dwight, assuming he doesn't hit free throws again.
We'll see how the rest of the team pans out, pretty murky after the big 3. It was fun to randomly bid on guys I had no interested in actually having just to drive up the price.
(12) John Wall $25 - Not sure why I bid this much on Wall so early, but it seemed like a good deal at the time. Might still be as I got him for $7 less than Rose and $2 less than Jrue. (19) Al Horford $55 - Probably overpaid, but I wanted a solid top-tier big, and I've always been a fan of Horford. (26) Blake Griffin $28 - Another inexplicable bid on a rookie pretty early on, and I think I definitely overpaid. KG only cost $25 (although I think that was an absolute steal), Blatche only cost $20, and Hibbert only went for $29 (another great deal IMO). (32) Tyreke Evans $42 - I don't think I overpaid as I expect him to put up Roy-type value, who went for $50. Got him for less than Manu and JJ as well, both of whom I expect to have similar value. (37) Tim Duncan $30 - My first solid value pick, although it remains to be seen how much the Spurs will rest him. (56) Jason Richardson $30 - I think this was a good value pick as J-Rich is inevitably going to carry a heavier load and have to produce more with Amare gone. Playing next to Nash in the Suns' system helps a swell. (67) Rodney Stuckey $7 - I sense somewhat of a bounceback year for Stuckey, who has been getting good reports during the offseason, and I'm confident that he'll produce better than Jack and Ridnour who went for about the same price. (71) Andrew Bynum $8 - I think this is potentially great value if he sticks to his timetable of coming back in Nov. His potential is well-documented, even though his health keeps stifling it, but he doesn't have to do much to justify his price. (74) Paul Millsap $17 - One of my better picks, as I expect he'll put up great numbers this season while being C-eligible (86) Caron Butler $10 - May turn out to be my best pick if he is motivated by it being a contract year. The Mavs are always trying to find someone to take some of the load off of Dirk's shoulders, and Caron is fully capable of doing that if he can stay healthy. (115) Carlos Delfino $3 - Iffy pick last night, but a little better since being identified as the starting SF. I expect Maggette to struggle to stay on the court, and Delfino has very good real-life value to his team that should guarantee significant PT. (141) Brendan Haywood $3 - I think this was a good deal for a guy who has the stated goal of averaging a double-double who his team just paid a decent chunk of change for. Will be very happy with this pick if he just gives me something around 9/9/1.5, which he should be able to pull off. (151) Josh Childress $1 - Result of a misclick.
bokzg wrote:(151) Josh Childress $1 - Result of a misclick.
You may think this is a bunch of "spooky mumbo-jumbo" but I'd be very careful dropping Josh as that so-called "misclick" could just as easily have been the fantasy-gods shining their light on you. They do work in mysterious ways, despite all the number-crunching "scientific" types around here.
Edit: Oh, and don't go thinking Ridnour was actually worth the $7 or $8 I paid for him ... that was just me trying to hide the fact I'd stupidly failed to use $20 or so dollars in drafting real players. Same for the big $$$ I dropped so very very late on Battier and Hinrich. Had to use up the full $260 or look like a total retard.
Last edited by samo on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.