Beasley's Big Week - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Beasley's Big Week

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Beasley's Big Week

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 am

I own Beasley in one league and was joyous at his points explosion this week. I think I even entertained the thought that maybe he might be having a breakout. But I'm almost certain he won't be maintaining that production. Looking at the hoopdata box score for the Sacramento game Beasley went 13-18 from 10-23 feet with only 1 attempt at the rim. The New York game isn't up yet but I suspect something similar. Beasley's attempts at the rim are down this year and he's taking more jump shots. Interesting enough he's most effective from 16-23 ft shooting 51% this year(last year 39%,Rookie year 46%). His TRR is taking a big hit playing next to Love. His higher usage is leading to more turnovers as well. I hope I'm wrong, but i'm not feeling optimistic.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Beasley's Big Week

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

So his initial comparisons to Carmelo weren't that far off? Seriously, what a fantastic scorer and like Melo, he needs a lot of touches to be able to produce consistently. It's not always a bad thing especially when a team lacks other alpha males...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting