Dunk Comp KryptoNate Sneaker - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Basketball Cards and Memorabilia

Dunk Comp KryptoNate Sneaker

Dunk Comp KryptoNate Sneaker

Postby phx_2008_champs » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Someone I work with claims to have one of Nate's signed sneakers from the dunk comp and he wants to sell it. He admits he doesn't have paperwork but claims that he bought the shoe from one of Nate's cousins and thinks getting paperwork would be fairly easy. I don't generally collect NBA memorabilia but I wouldn't mind mounting that sneaker on the wall next to a poster of Nate's dunks from the comp. Where do I go to get the proper paperwork on it? How do I find out what it's worth?
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Dunk Comp KryptoNate Sneaker

Postby silentjim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Pretty sure you'd need to go through a sports signature authentication service. A credible one would verify his signature and then give you a certificate of authenticity. As long as it was reputable authentication service people would view it as a binding document.

You could obviously get a better deal on it by buying it before it was authenticated, but I don't think I would make that gamble, because even if your coworker thinks its real the person before him or even the person before him might actually be the scammer.

Just looking on E-Bay it doesn't appear Nate Robinson signatures themselves are worth a ton, however, a signed posters of his dunking performances with Dwight seem to be hot commodities.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Re: Dunk Comp KryptoNate Sneaker

Postby The Thrill » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 pm

For me personally, I don't pay too much money if it is not already authenticated. Too many scammers out there these days. If you buy it before it is authenticated, make sure you don't pay too much. I agree with silentjim, that once you get a reputable authentication provider to give you a certificate, you can consider it valid (the public will generally consider it valid then as well).
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Return to Basketball Cards and Memorabilia