OKC will not win with Westbrook - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

OKC will not win with Westbrook

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

OKC will not win with Westbrook

Postby Yilun » Tue May 03, 2011 7:00 pm

with the way westbrook is playing, i highly doubt OKC will win much longer. he's completely changed into a me-first ball hog. when you have someone as talented as KD on your team, the ball should go through him on offense every play down the stretch in tight games. instead, i see westbrook continuously hoisting ill-advised 3's and trying to drive through 5 defenders for a fadeaway pull-up. he was never known to be a good shooter in the first place. i think the sudden rise in stardom has really gotten to his head. make no mistake, everytime his shot attempts double his assists, the thunder will have a hard time winning the game. 12-30 and then 9-23 the other night against memphis is inexcusable. there's no reason why your point guard should be chucking so many shots, especially if he's shooting 35% from the field (and turning the ball over at an alarming rate).

i think brooks needs to take control of his team and start dishing out some orders to get the ball into KD's hands. somehow this behavior has gotten worse as the playoffs progress.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: OKC will not win with Westbrook

Postby ggs » Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm

partly agree that it's become a 2-horse team and this may have gotten to westy's head...
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Re: OKC will not win with Westbrook

Postby big.d57 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 pm

If Brooks did tell Westbrook to give the ball to Durant, he certainly followed the order in game 7.
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting