2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers

Postby big.d57 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm late to the party, what do you guys think about Jordan Crawford. This kid helped me win a championship in one of my leagues last year, but now he's stuck behind Wall and Young in the PG and SG positions. What do you guys think of him?
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 am

I think it's iffy, but there's a lot to like about his upside. I think that the Vesely/Singleton duo will push Young out of minutes at SF, which means that Jordan might have trouble grabbing enough PT as a back-up combo guard to be fantasy relevant right off the hop. We know Wall will be playing big minutes anyway, and I think it would probably take an injury or some severe suckage by Vesely or Singleton to open up enough room for Crawford to be a legit target for standard mixed league drafts (as of right now anyway). That said, I think he's worth a flyer in deeper drafts for sure, and maybe in the final round standard of mixed league drafts if you specifically need a home-run at PG-SG and are willing to roll the dice.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby knight82 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm

i think Arron Affalo could be a nice sleeper this year , now that Wilson Chandler is in China for this season , he maybe can improve his stats , he should start again . i mean his last year stats werent That impressive but lets see what he can do . i also like Ed Davis , just dropped Okur to pick him up . and on one of my teams i have Brandon Knight , watched some footage of him and im really impressed . if detroit finds a way to give him good playing time alongside Stuckey i think he can be gr8 in his rookie season .
knight82
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby leon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:02 pm

is teague considered a sleeper? wonder what he can do now hinrich is out until jan hmm
leon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 22)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:34 am

leon wrote:is teague considered a sleeper? wonder what he can do now hinrich is out until jan hmm

Maybe not noe that he's starting. I still don't expect too much, but at least he'll add some counting stats and whatnot.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby leon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:03 am

Fenris-77 wrote:Maybe not noe that he's starting. I still don't expect too much, but at least he'll add some counting stats and whatnot.

What are your expectations? I'm trying not to get too excited since I have him in my dynasty league :-b

BBM has him projected to get roughly 12-3-5 with 1.5 steal and .5 treys. Are those numbers reasonable given his opportunity or am I deluding myself? :*)
leon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 22)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:14 am

I think they're reasonable. There's room for the three ball to be a chunk better than that too. ;-D

A more optimistic projection might be 14-4-5 with a full three and 1.5 Stl. BBMs projection is solid though, and I wouldn't any more excited than that about him.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikewzz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 am

If your playing in Yahoo their O-ranks will have Teague fall into the late rounds and maybe even undrafted in most leagues. If you take that into consideration, I think Teague would be a great last round flyer.

I also really like Cousins this year.. I realize he is by far not the most efficient player with his horrendous percentages and TO totals, but I get a feeling that those were just the result of a hotheaded rookie who really wanted to prove himself in the league last year. Hopefully this year he'll focus more on helping the team win instead of trying to rack up point totals and dishing out crazy assists and what not.
mikewzz
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 am

I agree. Cousins could be very nice this year, and I think his O-Rank of 105 under-sells his potential. Don't hate on the Ast though, it's one of DMCs more endearing satatistical traits. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TedG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm really high on Cousins, his big pitfall last season was his ridiculous 4.1 fouls a game, which limited his minutes. They wanted him out there, but he put himself on the bench. Another potential sleeper is Ed davis, he'll get all the minutes he wants on a lack lustre Raps squad. And it might be worth drafting Greg Oden with your final pick, its his contract year, and if he wants any type of money he'll have to pull it together this season.

There will be a lot of change in sleeper value or general player value from now until the season opener. I'd suggest keeping a tab on the latest trades, most sleepers are those that did not recieve minutes last season but will be given starter minutes this season.
TedG
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers