2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2011-12 Fantasy Sleepers

Postby Nene » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 pm

DeMar DeRozan - Could and should be Raps #1 option offensively.

Ty Lawson - Great shooter, hit 10 of 10 threes before missing one in a game last year, I wrote that he would break out in the playoffs, and he sorta did, but I expect monster performances soon. He has been good since his senior year at UNC.

George Hill - I love George Hill's game. I made a $20 bet with someone that George Hill finishes higher BBM rank than James Harden.

Paul George (already mentioned) - Great defensively. He reminds me a lot of a Shane Battier type and I don't see how he gets any less than 25 minutes a game, even if the Pacers backcourt will be loaded with the addition of OJ Mayo.

Ryan Anderson - Anderson added 15 lbs of pure muscle this off season and is still coming into his own as a player. With Bass departed, and Big Baby aboard, the battle for starter's minutes is now between the very gifted offensively Anderson of the mid range game of Big Baby. Anderson has the potential to be even better than Troy Murphy in time, as I wrote here: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/new ... n-10561667
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby leon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:27 am

With BDiddy hurt and a potential amnesty candidate, I think Ramon Sessions could be a sleeper this year.

He has very solid per-36 numbers (career 16-4.4-7) and is a skilled pick-n-roll PG who can't hit treys :-b

He just never had much opportunity in his career and If Irving goes down or cannot handle the starting job yet, then Sessions could have some value.
leon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 22)

Postby introspect » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Jared Dudley (PHO – SG, SF. Yahoo O-Rank 78): Starting SG. During 15 games as a starter last year, Dudley averaged 16.3 PTS on 51.8 FG%, 1.7 3PTM on 46.4 3PT%, 5.9 REB, and 2.1 STL, with 1.2 TO per game. Those are strong shooting percentages coming from the guard position. Although the addition of Shannon Brown will eat into Dudley’s minutes, he is still the starter; he should see around 30 MPG and will be on the floor when it counts.

Arron Afflalo (DEN – SG. Yahoo O-Rank 98): Starting SG for the Denver Nuggets. Wilson Chandler and JR Smith are stuck in China with inflexible contracts. Afflalo provides owners with efficient FG, FT, and 3PT percentages, 3PTM (average of 1.5 per game last season) and low TO numbers. Expect Afflalo to see close to 35 MPG this season which is about 2 more than what he averaged last year. With Carmelo Anthony in a New York Knicks uniform, the Nuggets players will share the offense numbers thus we should see a slight increase in Afflalo’s scoring.

Corey Maggette (CHA – SF, PF. Yahoo O-Rank 110): Career averages of 5.7 FTM with an 82.2% average. Great pick up in later rounds, should you miss out on high volume FT shooters with a percentage that can put you over the top in categories FTM and FT%.

Jeff Teague (ATL – PG, SG. Yahoo O-Rank 151): Starting PG. Position flexibility. Hinrich is injured and possibly returning early January. Jamal Crawford is soon to departing for another team. See last year’s playoff performance if you need a reason to get excited about Teague as a starter.

Jarrett Jack (NO – PG, SG. Yahoo O-Rank 176): Starting PG for New Orleans Hornets and should be in line for 30+ MPG. Jack provides mediocre numbers in the 3PTM and STL categories, but can score in the teens and he to get to the FT line (85.1 career FT%).
introspect
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby lastemp3ror » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Andray Blatche- He seems very poised this season and we all know that the potential is there with him. He has also been saying all of the right things this off season.
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:58 am

Fenris-77 wrote:So you write that list up and don't have Biyombo somewhere near the top? For shame. I have Biyombo second on my rookie impact list, right behind Irving (and way ahead of Williams). All these guys are late round options, and Biyombo at least has an identifiable and bankable skillset. If he gets even 25 mpg in Charlotte he could go 7-9 with 2 Blk, easy. Mostly I couldn't care less about rookie scoring - scoring can be had at every point in most drafts. I prefer to target guys with harder-to-find skill sets. Like, for example, I'll Kemba for the Ast-Stl combo way ahead of Knight and a potentially yawnstipating Pts-3's combo. That's why I have Biyombo way ahead of every other rookie big this year. Getting a 2+ Blk guy in the last round is money.

Disappointing:

Bobcats rookie Bismack Biyombo's team in Spain, Fuenlabrada, will retain his rights, meaning he will not be allowed to play for the Bobcats this season.

The courts did not allow Biyombo to break his agreement with his Spanish team, so this is very disappointing news for Biyombo and the Bobcats. Maybe something will get worked out at a later date, but as of now, it seems like this is a lost season for Biyombo. Dec 15 - 5:51 PM
Source: SportandoBasket on Twitter
Fantasy Sports Addict
GoodOl'Days
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Crippler » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:So you write that list up and don't have Biyombo somewhere near the top? For shame. I have Biyombo second on my rookie impact list, right behind Irving (and way ahead of Williams). All these guys are late round options, and Biyombo at least has an identifiable and bankable skillset. If he gets even 25 mpg in Charlotte he could go 7-9 with 2 Blk, easy. Mostly I couldn't care less about rookie scoring - scoring can be had at every point in most drafts. I prefer to target guys with harder-to-find skill sets. Like, for example, I'll Kemba for the Ast-Stl combo way ahead of Knight and a potentially yawnstipating Pts-3's combo. That's why I have Biyombo way ahead of every other rookie big this year. Getting a 2+ Blk guy in the last round is money.

Disappointing:

Bobcats rookie Bismack Biyombo's team in Spain, Fuenlabrada, will retain his rights, meaning he will not be allowed to play for the Bobcats this season.

The courts did not allow Biyombo to break his agreement with his Spanish team, so this is very disappointing news for Biyombo and the Bobcats. Maybe something will get worked out at a later date, but as of now, it seems like this is a lost season for Biyombo. Dec 15 - 5:51 PM
Source: SportandoBasket on Twitter

Or not...

Bismack Biyombo has reached a buyout with his Spanish team Fuenlabrada for approximately $1.3 million, freeing him to play for the Bobcats this season.
Biyombo projects as a tough rebounder and defender, but his offensive skills are very raw. He should play consistent minutes off the bench even as a rookie, as the Bobcats need help at both center (where Boris Diaw is starting) and backup PF.

per rotoworld
Thanks lightningblock!
Crippler
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GoodOl'Days » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 am

Jubilation!
Fantasy Sports Addict
GoodOl'Days
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Yilun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Nene wrote:DeMar DeRozan - Could and should be Raps #1 option offensively.

Ty Lawson - Great shooter, hit 10 of 10 threes before missing one in a game last year, I wrote that he would break out in the playoffs, and he sorta did, but I expect monster performances soon. He has been good since his senior year at UNC.

George Hill - I love George Hill's game. I made a $20 bet with someone that George Hill finishes higher BBM rank than James Harden.

Paul George (already mentioned) - Great defensively. He reminds me a lot of a Shane Battier type and I don't see how he gets any less than 25 minutes a game, even if the Pacers backcourt will be loaded with the addition of OJ Mayo.

Ryan Anderson - Anderson added 15 lbs of pure muscle this off season and is still coming into his own as a player. With Bass departed, and Big Baby aboard, the battle for starter's minutes is now between the very gifted offensively Anderson of the mid range game of Big Baby. Anderson has the potential to be even better than Troy Murphy in time, as I wrote here: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/new ... n-10561667

Ah, glad to see that I'm not the only one high on Ryan Anderson. With Brandon Bass gone and Ryan getting the tentative starting nod, I see him as a poor man's Rashard Lewis this year. He might not have the steals or blocks but he can easily average 2.0+ treys per game and put up decent rebound numbers on a nightly basis. Couple that with solid shooting percentages and I think he's a steal in the later rounds where he is going now.

I'm also pretty high on Ben Gordon. With Rip out of Detroit, Ben is going to have a green-light to hoist away. His % may not be something that will help your team, but 17 points (80% FT) and close to 2 treys per game as a starter doesn't seem unreasonable. Could do alot worse in round 9-10 (where I've seen him being taken).

I also think that DeAndre Jordan could really benefit (a la Tyson Chandler) from having CP3 on his team. He's going to get lots of easy lobs and putbacks this season which should only bolster his willingness to play better on the defensive end - equating in more rebounds and blocks per minute. I think 10 points, 8 boards, and 1.7 blocks for him this season alongside Griffin is not out of reach.

I'm also high on Billups this season for Clippers. I know he's dropped ALOT in the draft rankings but I don't really see how his value can suffer that much. He might even have a season with career high's in FG% and 3PTM if you ask me, considering he's finally going to be able to focus on shooting and scoring rather than play-making, which he was never really good at in the first place. With CP3 wreaking havoc, he's going to get alot of good, open looks and 3 point opportunities. I can see Billups becoming ultra efficient this year, especially in roto formats. If anything, his value should remain the same as where he was at last year with the Knicks (if not higher). The only concern I have about Billups is age and whether or not he may suffer from injury setbacks. But considering this will be a shortened season, that might actually work to his advantage and keep him fresher throughout the year.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby GoodOl'Days » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Yilun wrote:I also think that DeAndre Jordan could really benefit (a la Tyson Chandler) from having CP3 on his team. He's going to get lots of easy lobs and putbacks this season which should only bolster his willingness to play better on the defensive end - equating in more rebounds and blocks per minute. I think 10 points, 8 boards, and 1.7 blocks for him this season alongside Griffin is not out of reach.

I agree that Jordan will improve and initially ranked him near Hibbert, but after analyzing his potential I don't think he's a good value at his new O-Rank (72). His ceiling is relatively low due to the FT%, 3pt and Ast obviously, but his scoring is capped because he's not a good shooter and isn't know for low post moves. And there are no steals. There is only so much a player can do with such a limited amount of categories to produce value in and one of the few who actually can put up reasonable overage value despite these challenges happens to start at PF for the same team. There just isn't enough likelihood he puts up value at 72 or better value for me to see him as a reasonable draft choice around that spot. Chandler is a decent comparison, his value peaked at 82 by average with CP3.
Fantasy Sports Addict
GoodOl'Days
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Skippyoz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 am

Anthony Morrow is only 64% owned in Yahoo! leagues.

This may be appropriate overall, but if you need help in threes, he could be a great source. In 4 games as a starter, he has averaged 3 Threes Made a game while hitting 4 of them tonight.
Skippyoz
College Captain
College Captain

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 20)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers