Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: Off-Season Plans

Postby jphanned » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:03 am

RedHopeful wrote:Guys, don't make me input this stuff the last minute. GET registered PRONTO. }:-)

I got you. Will send out the dogs on these guys to get them in. :-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby thelimey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:03 am

How are we going to do promotion/relegation with only one First division league? The rules only seem to cater for a 2 First Division system:

4.1 Year 2 and after, (i) the Top 6 finishers in Champions League retain their place the following year, the Lower 6 drop into the First Division leagues; and (ii) the Top 3 finishers in each First Division league are invited to join the Champions League the following year.

Also if Sabonis is guaranteed a promotion place it further complicates matters. Maybe a happy medium would be 5 relegated from the Champions League, 4 promoted from the First Division League?
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 am

Rounders Block wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Guys, don't make me input this stuff the last minute. GET registered PRONTO. }:-)

I got you. Will send out the dogs on these guys to get them in. :-)

Make the call to the kennel. :-[
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby Shotcaller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:17 am

If greyone doesn't show will someone draft a team for him?
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby jphanned » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:18 am

Shotcaller wrote:If greyone doesn't show will someone draft a team for him?

Oleh and I are in the process of figuring this out now, trying to get a contingency plan in place so we don't have to reschedule the draft tonight. Had one in place already and that fell through.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shotcaller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:24 am

Rounders Block wrote:
Shotcaller wrote:If greyone doesn't show will someone draft a team for him?

Oleh and I are in the process of figuring this out now, trying to get a contingency plan in place so we don't have to reschedule the draft tonight. Had one in place already and that fell through.

I'm sure you are very qualified to answer this question. Can't one of you draft a team, then invite greyone to co-manage, so he can run the team?
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

Postby jphanned » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 am

Shotcaller wrote:I'm sure you are very qualified to answer this question. Can't one of you draft a team, then invite greyone to co-manage, so he can run the team?

Yes, that is possible. And it's an option I tossed out there already. But given how greyone has gone completely MIA over the last week I'd rather be done with the headache if it all possible and get someone new in there instead who can be active.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 am

Rounders Block wrote:
Shotcaller wrote:I'm sure you are very qualified to answer this question. Can't one of you draft a team, then invite greyone to co-manage, so he can run the team?

Yes, that is possible. And it's an option I tossed out there already. But given how greyone has gone completely MIA over the last week I'd rather be done with the headache if it all possible and get someone new in there instead who can be active.

Agreed especially considering we have another draft tomorrow. It's just not right a manager participate in the Oct. Champions League if he has someone draft one team for him let alone two.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby Shotcaller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 am

Rounders Block wrote:

I'd be perfectly fine with sabonis getting the spot.
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

Postby jphanned » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 am

geodbear will replace greyone in the Champions League. He just registered, so you guys are good to go. Best of luck tonight. ;-D

I contacted sabonis via e-mail, PM, and every other mode of communication I could find, but he didn't get back to me. So we move onward. Considered replacing greyone myself, but geodbear finished 5th in First Division ROTO while I finished 7th, so he was in line before me. Wanted to make it fair.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon