Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: Off-Season Plans

Postby Shotcaller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:33 am

Rounders Block wrote:geodbear will replace greyone in the Champions League. He just registered, so you guys are good to go. Best of luck tonight. ;-D

[Considered replacing greyone myself, but geodbear finished 5th in First Division ROTO while I finished 7th, so he was in line before me.]

Did I say sabonis? I meant geodbear! Great solution. ;-D
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jphanned » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:42 am

silentjim will take geodbear's spot in the First Division H2H League. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:23 am

Good quick draft guys. :-) See you again tomorrow @11PM est/8PM pac for the roto draft. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby flyingbeavers16 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:27 pm

How come I didn't get promoted to the Champions League if you guys needed another spot?

Given the shortened timetable what we're gonna have to do is run the Champions League and just one First Division League this year. I'll recruit heavily next off-season so we can fill in the remaining gaps. Who gets promoted to Champions League comes down to flyingbeavers16 and biznac.

flyingbeavers: (61.5-59.5) / 59.5 = +3.36%
biznac (.525 - .502) / .502 = +4.58%

So biznac gets the last spot (replacing sabonis) in the Champions League.
flyingbeavers16
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby jphanned » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

flyingbeavers16 wrote:How come I didn't get promoted to the Champions League if you guys needed another spot?

Given the shortened timetable what we're gonna have to do is run the Champions League and just one First Division League this year. I'll recruit heavily next off-season so we can fill in the remaining gaps. Who gets promoted to Champions League comes down to flyingbeavers16 and biznac.

flyingbeavers: (61.5-59.5) / 59.5 = +3.36%
biznac (.525 - .502) / .502 = +4.58%

So biznac gets the last spot (replacing sabonis) in the Champions League.

Because we were in a pinch and time was of the essence -- needed a replacement within the hour since greyone still hadn't registered -- and geodbear was online willing and ready to go.

Decided to stop waiting on greyone at around 7 PM PT last night and chose to ask geodbear to be his replacement at 7:30. The draft was at 8:45, so basically had 15 minutes to find someone or else the live draft would've been scrapped and we would've had to re-schedule it (not preferred).
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flyingbeavers16 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

understand ;-D
flyingbeavers16
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby greyone » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 am

Damn, good luck to everyone. Takes a big man to fill my shoes. B-) GeodBear is a fine substitute. I had a busy birthday week going into the weekend. Hence my MIA-ness. Started with a in-person draft on Wednesday(10pm-130am). Multiple dinners with family and friends. Weekend outing with my San Diego homies. 2 hours sleep. Continued the morning with a Sunday brunch auction draft. Immediately drove straight up to Los Angeles for an in-person auction,which I commish, at my office with the LA Homies, starting at 5pm ending at 10pm. 15 teams $200 buy-in. If I had known, I would have still drafted for the Octagon. Overlapping 2 very competitive leagues. On top of driving 120 miles La Jolla to Glendale. Then Glendale to home in Irvine(47 miles) by midnight. Every mile is worth it. Good times, great people, fantasy basketball.

And again tonight(monday) I drafted another auction team during the evening. Driving 70 miles to Northridge and back for an auction draft. Possibly overlapping another competitive league with an octagon draft. Then back home to Irvine 70miles. To find out I have been replaced. :,-( <---sad face.

All for the best I guess. To bad, I was looking forward to the Octagon this year. Would have been a major achievement to pull off that schedule with the FBCOCL mixed in.

I am proud to be involved with many great fantasy leagues including the Octagon. Maybe next year I can get grandfathered in somehow. If the league pleases. Any consideration would be much appreciated. Would love to be a part of this. For now I will take out my anger on the Cafe Auction League. Unless I have been replaced there too. :-S Geodbear? Tell me now. j/k. I checked. So far so good.

4 drafts down. 3 to go. Sans 2 octagon drafts. Tuesday(cafe auction). Wednesday(OC homies). Thursday (friends & family). Done dada, maybe.

Once again, sorry i missed out. The Champions league has a great lineup this year. Super jealous. After all this and my upcoming schedule, I am not sure its possible to question my dedication to fantasy basketball.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand my girlfriend tried to have a fantasy intervention with me last night before going bed. Bitch please. "Impossible!" I left the room and slept on the couch.

side note: my fbc account is not linked to my primary email account. And I did not receive my usual forwards. I want to make it clear. I was not intentionally ignoring my pms or notifications. This was a case of bad timing. I still like the idea of incorporating an auction into the champions league. Did you guys do this?
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dcdoorknob » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:34 pm

thelimey wrote:How are we going to do promotion/relegation with only one First division league? The rules only seem to cater for a 2 First Division system:

4.1 Year 2 and after, (i) the Top 6 finishers in Champions League retain their place the following year, the Lower 6 drop into the First Division leagues; and (ii) the Top 3 finishers in each First Division league are invited to join the Champions League the following year.

Also if Sabonis is guaranteed a promotion place it further complicates matters. Maybe a happy medium would be 5 relegated from the Champions League, 4 promoted from the First Division League?

Was just wondering, has this promotion/demotion thing been decided yet? Obviously there will have to be adjustments to the normal format, and it just seems like it would make the most sense to state what will happen clearly before the season starts, including if spot(s) will be held for sabonis/greyone, and how many will be relegated and demoted from the 2 leagues, respectively. I mean it's not a huge deal but I am curious.

Enjoyed the first divison h2h draft, glad I was able to make it in the end. Fairly happy with my team. Sorry to RB for sniping Toney Douglas and all the ill effects it caused. (Ok actually I'm not really sorry) :D
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 122)

Postby jphanned » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:22 pm

dcdoorknob wrote:Was just wondering, has this promotion/demotion thing been decided yet? Obviously there will have to be adjustments to the normal format, and it just seems like it would make the most sense to state what will happen clearly before the season starts, including if spot(s) will be held for sabonis/greyone, and how many will be relegated and demoted from the 2 leagues, respectively. I mean it's not a huge deal but I am curious.

Enjoyed the first divison h2h draft, glad I was able to make it in the end. Fairly happy with my team. Sorry to RB for sniping Toney Douglas and all the ill effects it caused. (Ok actually I'm not really sorry) :D

Yeah I think what'll happen is that we'll keep sabonis and greyone on, demote the bottom six of the Champions League, and promote the top 4 from First Division H2H.

So next year's CL will be: remaining top-6, greyone, sabonis, First Division H2H top-4
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby jphanned » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 am

Keeping this forum alive.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon