Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: Off-Season Plans / In-Season Updates

Postby ardilla » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Hello. Can I compete in champions this season after winning first division? Is champions going to be 2 leagues (roto and h2h) again? Planning my yahoo team slots. If last year didnt count for moving to champions I am still in for first division again if I can have a spot.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dcdoorknob » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:58 pm

ardilla wrote:Hello. Can I compete in champions this season after winning first division? Is champions going to be 2 leagues (roto and h2h) again? Planning my yahoo team slots. If last year didnt count for moving to champions I am still in for first division again if I can have a spot.

I'm sure winning the first division league (dominating actually :))is good enough to get the bump up. IIRC top 4 from the first divison league get the bump?

Was curious myself though if the plans are to go back to the slow board drafts, and if re-expansion to 2 first division leagues is in the cards.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 122)

Postby bokzg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Seems like the leagues should getting set up soon. Have we finalized participants yet?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby jphanned » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 pm

bokzg wrote:Seems like the leagues should getting set up soon. Have we finalized participants yet?

Give me a few days on this - I'll get this thing up and running by middle of next week.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby jphanned » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Official Champions League Results:

RedHopeful 2+3 = 5
bokzg 5.5+2= 7.5
DamnLies 1+8 = 9
TheJordanRulz = 3.5+6 = 9.5
geodbear 10+1 = 11
Fenris 8+5 = 13
------------------------------------------------------------
biznac = 7+7 = 14
Shotcaller 3.5+11 = 14.5
Crimedogg 5.5+9 = 14.5
the one 11+4 = 15
jay 9+12 = 21
Grounded Polo 12+10 = 22

Congrats to Oleh, bokzg, DamnLies, TheJordanRulz, geodbear & Fenris for advancing to this year's Champions League. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am

Whoo-boy. I just squeaked in there, but I'll take it. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Red killed it least year....comin for ya man...
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 110)

Postby jphanned » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 am

Had to cut out a whole First Division League last year due to timing, so essentially needed to fill 12 empty spots + the spots of the few who elected not to return. Been working diligently over the past week or two to hit the quota, and should be there in a few days. Will be sending out mass PM's to everyone once I do with additional details. Looks like we'll be doing a live draft for the First Division ROTO league and a message board draft for the First Division H2H league. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby jphanned » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 am

Looks like we've just about filled all 36 spots. Waiting on some final check-ins, then will send out a batch of PM's to all managers sometime on Friday. The message board drafts for the First Division H2H league will tentatively begin on Monday, as will one of the Champions League drafts.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby jphanned » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Our manager lists and league rosters have been finalized and updated. All First Division ROTO managers have been contacted already with details. Working out one last thing with the First Division H2H league, then will send out a batch of PM's tonight to everyone in the league. Again, the ROTO draft will be live and the H2H draft will be done here via message board. The latter draft is tentatively set to start on Monday, September 24.

Huge thanks goes out to Oleh and CDoc for helping me recruit managers to fill out the second First Division league. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon