2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Important! All you need to know for the auction

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm

So you know the mind of Pascal?

I think things could be made a bit simpler by requiring that the average salary of a bid to be at least 250K higher than the previous bid, and that each year during the contract the salary is in an increment of 250K.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Auction discussion

Postby greyone » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:19 pm

We also have an issue in the Elton Brand Thread.

Rob says he is retracting his offer. This is not allowed, or is it? Ardilla has been making bids because he is free and clear from Brands 2nd highest bid.

Ruling?
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

ardilla wrote:So you know the mind of Pascal?

I think things could be made a bit simpler by requiring that the average salary of a bid to be at least 250K higher than the previous bid, and that each year during the contract the salary is in an increment of 250K.

In subsequent years if we're making the minimum 250K, then it makes sense for this. It would suck to lose a bid on a player as well because someone had .00333 more than you did, even though we said 250K was min.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby The Thrill » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

I would agree that it cannot be retracted. It doesn't put Rob over the soft cap.

...but that's just my 2 cents that is in agreement with ardilla and silentjim. O:-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:23 pm

I have gone on with my strategy assuming I lost Brand, so I am not okay with falling back on my bid.

I do understand that people make mistakes. Either Rob should have to stick with his bid (sorry Rob but this is an auction), or we reopen Brand from $0.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: 30. Elton Brand

Postby TheRobSays » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

No problem, it will just make my bid on Derrick Rose invalid if I win these two as it will put me over the cap. I need two centres anyway!
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:25 pm

A general question about your strategies:

I see some people backloading contracts to older players. Why are you doing that? In general, I see a lot of front and backloading. I can understand backloading on a young player who appears to be improving, or frontloading on an old guy who is slowing down, but I am seeing it on many guys in their prime, and in the opposite direction (frontloading young guys, backloading old guys). What is the idea there?
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Thrill » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm

ardilla wrote:So you know the mind of Pascal?

Definitely not. In the interest of promoting mathematics, I just like to stir the pot sometimes through humor. :-? :*)

I hear what you are both saying. I'll clarify that my comment should not be taken as one who disagrees. ;-)

At this time, I'm groovy either way.... B-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Re: 30. Elton Brand

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm

When you make a bid, if you don't have room based on won contracts and any other bids out there, then that bid is invalid already. I checked the math and you had 7M available when you bid on Rose so that was an invalid bid.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby greyone » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm

ardilla wrote:I have gone on with my strategy assuming I lost Brand, so I am not okay with falling back on my bid.

I do understand that people make mistakes. Either Rob should have to stick with his bid (sorry Rob but this is an auction), or we reopen Brand from $0.

If brand bid sticks. He must retract his latest bid on Rose. Because I think he is over his Salary cap. :-?
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap