Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 44. LaMarcus Aldridge

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 pm

7M (6 + 6.5 + 7.5 + 8)

EDIT: Redhopeful is a dummy.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:55 pm

INVALID OFFER: CAP INCREASES

Scratch that last bid O:-)

7M (6 + 7 + 8)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 pm

RedHopeful wrote:INVALID OFFER: SALARY INCREASES

Scratch that last bid O:-)

7M (6 + 7 + 8)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Auction discussion

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
scully19 wrote:Does that really affect team direction? That should be called something like efficiency of spending, or cost effectiveness or something.

Sure it does. Effectiveness on a per dollar basis is pretty much the gold standard for determining how well positioned a franchise is moving forward (fantasy or otherwise). What it's called is maybe secondary, although I'm all for precision in the details.

exactly. what;s it;s called is secondary. it is there to reward those who make good use of cap. i know players don't care too much about that, but this can never be 100% realistic. rewarding efficient spenders is important imo, though it's not something fa would look at
Actually, when I go and look at it, I'm not sure that 'team direction' does exactly what I'd like it to. The points come from cat wins divided by salary, but what salary? In the offseason I may have had 2 or even 3 key players hit free agency, and since we don't have cap holds I'm guessing the system is supposed to be use the previous season's salary as well (otherwise it makes no sense at all).

it will be based on the salary on the last day of the season
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby scully19 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm on board with not liking this rule. FA don't care about spending, and no reward needs to be there for a team efficiently spending money, because they will be in the best position to win and the reward will be there for them. This is not realistic for a player to go somewhere based off of a bonus like that.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 pm

scully19 wrote:I'm on board with not liking this rule. FA don't care about spending, and no reward needs to be there for a team efficiently spending money, because they will be in the best position to win and the reward will be there for them. This is not realistic for a player to go somewhere based off of a bonus like that.

as i said it doesn't have anythinbg to do with wha fa wants. it has everything to do with what makes sense for this league. name "team direction" is not the best one so just ignore it. we want to reward efficient spending. right? that's the question here
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm

scully19 wrote:I'm on board with not liking this rule. FA don't care about spending, and no reward needs to be there for a team efficiently spending money, because they will be in the best position to win and the reward will be there for them. This is not realistic for a player to go somewhere based off of a bonus like that.

I still disagree with you. I think FA's would look at where the club is going, and skill/dollars is a good way to quantify that.

Unfortunately, using salary from the last day of the season doesn't represent that at all unless the team in question doesn't have any free agents. I like the idea, but I don't like the implementation - the bigger the FA's that team has the less representative that salary figure and corresponding efficiency figure will be. Why should someone get the benefit of counting a good free agent when that guy isn't on the team? I'm ok counting him after he's signed, but there's no way unsigned free agents should count.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm

KalElen wrote:as i said it doesn't have anythinbg to do with wha fa wants. it has everything to do with what makes sense for this league. name "team direction" is not the best one so just ignore it. we want to reward efficient spending. right? that's the question here

I don;t think it makes sense for the league to have last seasons record count twice toward attracting free agents. You'r rewrding efficient spending but counting guys who aren't on the team any more. If the number doesn;t represent wher the team's going, as opposed to where it's been, then it isn't really doing anything useful and just double dips on the previous record. We're already counting his previous record once, I don't think we need to do it twice.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: 43. Gilbert Arenas

Postby snakehuynh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:07 pm

8.5(8+8.5+9)
snakehuynh
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 48)

Re: 42. David Lee

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 pm

5.50M (5.00 + 5.50 + 6.00)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap