2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: rule amendments

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 pm

I agree with Ardilla, I think under 2.5 is good to lower the bid, and over 2.5 makes 25k 10% and less and should be good at that point.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm fine with the proposed increments (100K increases for guys 5 mil or less). It takes me a split second to read a few extra posts anyways.

As far as the inactive list, why not just go with what the NBA does?

Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, each team is required to carry 12 players on its active list and at least one player on its inactive list. Teams may have a maximum of three players on its inactive list, which includes any players sent to the NBA Development League.

In the past, a team maintained a 12-player roster, with additional players being put on the injured list, which forced the player to sit a minimum of five games before again being eligible to play. Now, the active and inactive list can be set on a game-by-game basis, one hour before tip-off, with no length of stay required for either list.

If, for example, a star player is injured and forced to sit out one or two games, the coach can now place him on the inactive list and "activate" another player, giving the team a full 12 players available to play. In previous seasons, that player would have had to stay on the injured list five games, so instead the team would frequently just sit the player and make do with the other 11 available players.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Re: 48. Jameer Nelson

Postby greyone » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 pm

5[5+5+5]

Eat this, Fenris. My awesome mathematics and comprehension skills on full display. B-)
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ardilla » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 pm

The point for making the 1K increment lower than 5M has nothing to do with excess posting, it has to do with speeding up the draft. We don't need to be bogged down for a week of 1K increment moves at 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, resetting the 24 hours each time.

For a daily move fantasy league it would be the same as a bench spot if we did it that way Red. The difference is that in the NBA, your entire team plays at the same time so you have to bench certain people. In a daily move league, your players are on different teams with games on different days. If you can change the inactive status each day it is pointless to have an inactive list at all.

2 inactive spots with a one week minimum if placed on there sounds good to me. I thought this was what we were originally doing. No limit to how many times you can move people to inactive or activate them, as long as they spend 7 days inactive once placed there. No need for IL with this in place.

The other solution is to have no inactive list (just bench spots) but change it to a weekly move league. The idea is to allow people to keep injured or project players without being penalized because it is a dynasty league.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: 47. Andrea Bargnani

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:49 pm

INVALID OFFER:CHECK THE MATHS

8.24M (7.5+8.2+9)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Re: 47. Andrea Bargnani

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 pm

8.5(8.5+8.5+8.5)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 pm

5.25M (5+5.5+5.75)

Dude, truly a wondrous display of mathematical wizardry. I bow to your greater skills (if not your obviously inferior bid). :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ardilla » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:5.25M (5+5.5+5.75)

Dude, truly a wondrous display of mathematical wizardry. I bow to your greater skills (if not your obviously inferior bid). :-D

It is hilarious that this bid is invalid because the average actually comes to 5.416...
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 pm

5.9M (5.4+5.9+6.4)

That joke didn't last long. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 49. John Salmons

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

3.5M (3.5)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap