Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 37. Derrick Rose

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 am

WON BY RED
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 52. Nenê

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 am

ALL OF THESE BIDS ARE INVALID BECAUSE NENE SHOULDN'T BE IN THE AUCTION YET
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: rule amendments

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:36 am

ardilla wrote:For a daily move fantasy league it would be the same as a bench spot if we did it that way Red. The difference is that in the NBA, your entire team plays at the same time so you have to bench certain people. In a daily move league, your players are on different teams with games on different days. If you can change the inactive status each day it is pointless to have an inactive list at all.

correct

ardilla wrote:The other solution is to have no inactive list (just bench spots) but change it to a weekly move league. The idea is to allow people to keep injured or project players without being penalized because it is a dynasty league.

we voted on this one and it was decided we go with daily moves
with no usage limit il can be used up to 48 times during the season. it's not likely that it happens, but i don't want to take the chance, that's not the reason why i added il in the 1st place. we'll do vote and majority will decide

as for 100k increases, i have no problem with it being for offers 2.5M and smaller. i purposed 5M because it's the limit for 3 year contracts, but that is not too important, 2.5M is fine too
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 52. Nenê

Postby ardilla » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:36 am

Seems like waste of time.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Re: Auction discussion

Postby nguy6280 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:37 am

Not that in matters anymore, but I think I should have been give notice to what was wrong with my bid before Rose was sold to Red. KalElen, you tried to give coffeeman notice before when he lost the Calderon bid, but no notice for me? It would have been nice if you had done the same for me. It was pretty obvious I wanted that player. And what is wrong with more than two decimals? If you're going to mimic the NBA, use the full salary. There's more flexibility that way in offering contracts. I honestly didn't find the fault in my bid.
nguy6280
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Re: rule amendments

Postby ardilla » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:37 am

Is it injured list or inactive?
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 am

i'll allow horford, because rose is sold. nene offers are invalid

as for rules not being clear, english is not my 1st language, so if you feel the need to reformulate some of the rules, feel free and i'll post it in the rules thread
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:44 am

I think nguy might have an argument here.

His last year does technically work, 16.51 + 1.377(10% first year). That makes 17.887. Rounding it off since we are only allowed 2 decimal places is 17.89, what he bid.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby nguy6280 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:47 am

Yeah, that's basically what I did.
nguy6280
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:51 am

nguy6280 wrote:Not that in matters anymore, but I think I should have been give notice to what was wrong with my bid before Rose was sold to Red. KalElen, you tried to give coffeeman notice before when he lost the Calderon bid, but no notice for me? It would have been nice if you had done the same for me. It was pretty obvious I wanted that player. And what is wrong with more than two decimals? If you're going to mimic the NBA, use the full salary. There's more flexibility that way in offering contracts. I honestly didn't find the fault in my bid.

i posted exact numbers just few posts above your final invalid offer, that was fair enough warnning (viewtopic.php?p=419639#p419639). i'm not sure what was the story with calderon, but trust me on this one, i don't have anything against you and i have no reason to help out coffeeman. i treated your offers the way i treat all other, check the Completed Bids thread if you don't believe me. i would like nothing better but to have enough free time to send pms to everybody who makes invalid bid and explain why those bids are invalid, but i don't. i knew that you wouldn't like my decision when i made it, but you had the chance to get rose, i don't think you can blame me for this one. i would have done the same thing if any other gm in this league was in your place
as for 2 decimals, i have to go over every bid to make sure it's valid and on time, i have no time to calculate 20-50 bids a day with unlimited number of decimals. 2 decimal are more then enough to give everybody needed flexibility.
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap