2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

rule amendments vote

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:59 pm

1) auction related. i think we should allow 100k average contract increases for contracts that are lower then and equal to 2.5M.
explanation: when we get into 1M or 2M area it's gonna be impractical to force people to raise value by 10-20% of the total salary in subsequent bids

2) il list can be used up to 10 times per season (total for both spots).
explanation: il is not meant to serve as games maximizing tool (so people can active and deactivate players in order to gain additional games played), but to allow gms to stash injured players and projects

3) average salary of the bids (which is used to determine winner of the bidding) don't have to be 2 decimals only
we had some inconsistency in this are with 20+ offers such as 22.33M (27+20+20), but after those all average salaries were 2 decimals at most. yes or no to allowing them again

please vote yes or no on all 3 issues
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: rule amendments vote

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:00 pm

1) yes

2) yes

3) no
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Auction discussion

Postby KalElen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Kal, this business about rounding is getting out of hand. The average salary shouldn't be the determining factor when it comes to this sort of thing - it's an average after all, it's not a real number and doesn't mean an thing outside of the auction process. Having to reverse engineer all your bids so the average is two decimal places or less is ridiculous. The decimal places in the average past two aren't going to make the slightest bit of difference in the bidding process anyway, and I have no desire to manhandle the actual contract, which does matter, to 'fix' the average salary, which doesn't matter in the least.

Rounding up the average salary to two digits doesn't change anything and it's the easiest way to go. We have to round off the raises after all, so why is the average different?

it's up to the league
viewtopic.php?t=60097
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cnote23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:13 pm

1 yes
2 yes
3 yes
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Re: i've checked rosters thread

Postby The Thrill » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, I gotta say, this league has brought a newfound interest in fantasy basketball for me. This auction style draft, combined with the great managers we have here, has really actually made it quite fun. Requires researching players in a new way, tracking other manager movements in a new way, approaching the draft (and bidding) differently and just, in general, keeps my interest.

I'm pretty excited for this league over the next several seasons. ;-D
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby The Thrill » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 pm

1) no
2) wow, really don't care -- yes, I guess
3) no
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Auction discussion

Postby The Thrill » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 pm

I guess I think the rule should be, round to two digits and always rounddown. If people know to always rounddown, it shouldnt' be confusing and should eliminate bids that would be "technically" invalid.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Re: 36. Mehmet Okur

Postby greyone » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

7.5(7.3+7.7)

Corrected
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 pm

1) yes

2) yes (we'll see how it goes)

3)allow them - rounding the average to two decimals was only ever something that made things visually easier. We're talking about increments of 10K there, so it's not going to make or break a bid either. I say make the salary what you like and then round the average to two decimals.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Re: i've checked rosters thread

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Yeah, we've had some small bumps, but on the whole I think this whole thing has gone really well. The key is getting active managers, and we seem to have that here. Nice work gents. ;-D

I look forward to actually playing with these teams too. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap