Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: Fenris-77, silentjim, RedHopeful, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm

KalElen wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
Nene wrote:I've got a bit of a dilemma now though. See, I thought we carried 16 players (I dont know why I thought that), and that I could fill out my roster with a couple more bigs. As it stands, I only have 3 players that are able to play PF and C. I'm gonna win either Haywood or Darko, but I still have too many guards and not enough bigs. And with the way trades will be in this league it wont be an easy problem to address. All the position quandries aside though, and I think I did a great job on snapping up some bargains.

Nene - I don't see a problem with you owning more than 14 players PRIOR to the start of the season. Once it starts, you'd have to cut somebody I suppose. Up until then, maybe you could work a trade - say with a team dying for cheap players? I dunno - haven't really thought about it much. Anyone else with anything?

this is correct. you can bid on up to 20 players, but you can't carry more then 14 (12 active, 2 iled) into the season so you can try trade some of the guys to get back down to 14 or you can drop them

But if he drops them the salary counts against his cap still (whatever the rule was in that regard, I can't remember exactly, like 75% or something.....I think :-? ). Right?
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

The Thrill wrote:
KalElen wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Nene - I don't see a problem with you owning more than 14 players PRIOR to the start of the season. Once it starts, you'd have to cut somebody I suppose. Up until then, maybe you could work a trade - say with a team dying for cheap players? I dunno - haven't really thought about it much. Anyone else with anything?

this is correct. you can bid on up to 20 players, but you can't carry more then 14 (12 active, 2 iled) into the season so you can try trade some of the guys to get back down to 14 or you can drop them

But if he drops them the salary counts against his cap still (whatever the rule was in that regard, I can't remember exactly, like 75% or something.....I think :-? ). Right?

yup

if a team waives a player, waived player's salary counts against team's cap 75% the first year and 50% for subsequent years, regardless of whether that player gets signed by some other team at some point
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 158. Ryan Gomes

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 pm

$520K ($500K + $540K)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Cool. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure Nene knew what he was getting into if he went that route.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Re: 153. Udonis Haslem

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm

420K(400K+440K)

*this is my max possible bid
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 129)
Home Cafe: Baseball

160. Channing Frye

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:43 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

161. Anthony Parker

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

Re: 160. Channing Frye

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:46 pm

my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 160. Channing Frye

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Re: 161. Anthony Parker

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap