2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic - DEBATE - Please Read All

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 am

As a seperate question, are we allowing the MLE once normal free agency starts? I'm ok either way.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 am

DVauthrin wrote:I like rob's suggestion. Allow non capped teams to only have to bid 10K more than a minimum bid to outbid a capped team, then it progresses as normal. Also, if someone has already bid the minimum and all you can do is match, then you shouldn't be allowed to bid on that player. they beat you to the punch, move on and wait for another option.

I disagree. Everyone has the same chance to get in first, and the non-capped teams already have the benefit of being able to make a Min bid of their own without it counting against their cap. To lower the outbidding number to 10K from 100K is too much. With the benefits already in place I think halving the number to 50K is more than enough of an edge. I completely agree that a capped player shouldn't just be able to match a min bid with one of his own though.

I think there needs to be a balance and we should avoid swinging too far in either direction here. The fact that someone has cap left at this point isn't necessarily a sign that that GM has done a 'better' job of drafting anyway, and we've spent the whole draft upping by 100K, so dropping to 10K to suit a portion of the GMs seems as unbalanced as allowing capped teams to match. That's even more true if people expect that rule to extend into the free agency period, at which point I'm completely against it as it represents far to large an advantage.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nene » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am

The fact that someone has cap left at this point isn't necessarily a sign that that GM has done a 'better' job of drafting anyway

Surely you aren't suggesting that someone who blew their entire cap on 4 players has done a good job drafting. No offense Kal, but that was just poor planning (or no planning as it might be).
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:53 am

Nene wrote:
The fact that someone has cap left at this point isn't necessarily a sign that that GM has done a 'better' job of drafting anyway

Surely you aren't suggesting that someone who blew their entire cap on 4 players has done a good job drafting. No offense Kal, but that was just poor planning (or no planning as it might be).

Kal's not the only guy near or at the cap. I'm 450K away, and I don't think there's any issues with my team. It's not just about Kal, who's only the most extreme example. You can't base this decision on just what you think specifically of Kal's draft strategy.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nene » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
Nene wrote:

Kal's not the only guy near or at the cap. I'm 450K away, and I don't think there's any issues with my team. It's not just about Kal, who's only the most extreme example. You can't base this decision on just what you think specifically of Kal's draft strategy.

You might be near the cap, but you have more than 4 players.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Nene wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:
Nene wrote:

You might be near the cap, but you have more than 4 players.

That's the point - I'll be capped out quite soon, but you can't point your finger at me and say "you drafted like crap anyway, so who cares". I'll still be in the same boat, and I really don't think the fact that I drafted a decent team up until now, while some guys have held back, should have any impact on minimum bids (as far as treating mine substantially different form anyone else's goes). I'm just trying to stress that the question isn't about any one GM and where he's at, it's about what's balanced and fair for everyone.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

170. Drew Gooden

Postby scully19 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:33 pm

scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 187)

Re: 170. Drew Gooden

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

171. Nicolas Batum

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:20 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Re: 164. Danilo Gallinari - NYK

Postby cnote23 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:29 pm

1.3mil (1.3 +1.3)
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap