2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 168. Raja Bell

Postby cnote23 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic - DEBATE - Please Read All

Postby greyone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
Nene wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:Kal's not the only guy near or at the cap. I'm 450K away, and I don't think there's any issues with my team. It's not just about Kal, who's only the most extreme example. You can't base this decision on just what you think specifically of Kal's draft strategy.

You might be near the cap, but you have more than 4 players.

That's the point - I'll be capped out quite soon, but you can't point your finger at me and say "you drafted like crap anyway, so who cares". I'll still be in the same boat, and I really don't think the fact that I drafted a decent team up until now, while some guys have held back, should have any impact on minimum bids (as far as treating mine substantially different form anyone else's goes). I'm just trying to stress that the question isn't about any one GM and where he's at, it's about what's balanced and fair for everyone.

Whether the team sucks or not. The owner with cap space budgeted his/her money for a purpose. So they could drop the hammer late and control the auction at some point.

Owners with little cap space bought big name, big production & consistency. Using the hammer early therefore not saving an auction lifeline. But based on the rules there are small exceptions like now.

Remember Fenris(we) is debating 2 things. The actual verbiage of the rule. And the situation.

Third party minimum bids? I believe someone mentioned it as being not allowed. Are we clear on this?

Nenad Krstic

Team A(with cap space) 250k
Team B(no cap space) 250k

Scenario

Team c(no cap space) 250k
Team d(no cap space) 250k

How will this play out? Team d is the lead bid? :-?
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Auction discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Ok guys, had some time this morning. Went through everyone's roster to make sure all the players were there AND year 1 salaries checked out.

You guys still need to make sure years 2 -4 are ok. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Re: 164. Danilo Gallinari - NYK

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:38 pm

1.4M (1.4 + 1.4)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby TheRobSays » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 pm

I think this is a real situation and I dont think that the first bid should automically win, in a real life scenario the player would look at all options before deciding who to play for.

I suggest all players caught in this kind of a "tie" situation be moved over to a new category for bidding once the regular season auction is complete. This way you can use some of your MLE to sign them. Basically if more than one person wants the player BUT no one is willing to move their bid to $300 K (or $260 or $350) then the players chooses to wait until MLE becomes available.
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 75)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Teams with cap can drop the hammer - they can outbid the minimum offer. My point is that that offer shouldn't be treated any differently no matter who makes it.

I'm not sure setting the bids by until after is the way to go either - that assumes people can match, which so far they can't according to the rules.

Anyway...
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby Nene » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Mine is set up perfectly ;)
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Can I just bid 350K and we can call this over and hope it never comes up again? :-D

Seriously?

silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby silentjim » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Once the draft is complete we should probably setup a google doc or something so we can see where we're all at.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby Nene » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:24 pm

silentjim wrote:Once the draft is complete we should probably setup a google doc or something so we can see where we're all at.

Is this league going to be on Yahoo?? I really wish I had left an extra slot open on one of my two main fantasy screen names :-/
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap