2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:36 pm

I had the same problem with Bosh and Granger. I never for a moment thought I'd win both, but guys stopped bidding on both at the same time, and I've been stuck with way less cap than I planned heading into the last part of the draft. It's certainly been a exercise in bargain hunting that's for sure. I don't think I've ever in my life read an article about a player getting arrested and then immediately tried to draft that player. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Basketball

179. Mareese Speights

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:38 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

180. Beno Udrih

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:38 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

181. Earl Clark

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:40 pm

RedHopeful

Re: 167. Brandon Jennings

Postby silentjim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:41 pm

1.4 M (1.4 +1.4)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Re: 174. Tyreke Evans

Postby TheRobSays » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:38 pm

$900K (860 + 940)
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 73)

Re: 179. Mareese Speights

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:45 pm

min
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 180. Beno Udrih

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:45 pm

min
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:What I said was that "your were in a tough spot", not that you were cheating. It's always harder to adjudicate rules issues when you're all of a sudden in the middle of the one you're trying to adjudicate. No accusation of wrong-doing was meant, implied or in any other way made. We cool?

we're cool

Fenris-77 wrote:As far as first-come first-serve goes, you're laboring under a massive misconception. Right now the entire draft is first-come first-serve, with some exceptions, not the other way round. The first guy to get a particular bid in at any amount is the guy who gets that bid. Someone who's bid after him has to outbid. You've even made that clear in numerous posts of "Failed to outbid". That's first-come first-serve right there.

i disagree. having to outbid has nothing to do with 1st come 1st serve. in the end gm who is ready to spend most money on a player will win regardless of who offered certain amount of money at what point of the bidding. that is not 1st come 1st serve

Fenris-77 wrote:What you want as far as capped out teams goes is to circumvent that precedent and allow them to match after the fact, when no one else can. What's more, you want them not only to be able to match, but to automatically win the tie breaker as well. The problem is that what your rule actually says about outbidding isn't anything like what you wanted it to say and doesn't allow for either of the above. Now, I'd be more than happy to help edit away at the rules set we've got (after the draft) and get them to a place where they do say something about timing of bids, but they don't say anything about it now. I'm not pointing this out to prolong argument either, I'm just pointing out that there's a massive gap between intent and rules as written here.

again i disagree. i think that everything is very clear. just follow my reasoning and you'll see that my logic is fine. both teams are matching while only one has the right to do so. if you find error in my logic i'll agree that you are correct, but there is no error. as i said i asked for help to rephrase rules, no one stepped up. and i'm not accusing anyone specifically. i'm sure that all of you have other more important things to do, same as i do. but whatever the reason, when you fail to help out on fixing a problem you lose right to criticize. i tried to make rules both understandable and short. there were several complains about rules being too complex, but you can't have it both ways. i can't make them both short and simple and cover all possible issues when i have no previous experience with these kind of leagues and am writing in my 2nd language

Fenris-77 wrote:If everyone else (Kal especially) is happy with the 10K outbid then lets by all means roll with that. It's not my fav answer, but it's close, and it'll do for now.

i think we need to settle this asap so i would like to ask anyone who has anything against this solution to speak now
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 181. Earl Clark

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:29 pm

what the hell, i'll bid min :-)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap