2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby The Thrill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:30 pm

only thing I'm not sure the final rule addresses is if two capped out teams bid (and anyone under the soft cap does not wish to bid). That means last come, first served (because you can match and get the bid). I think? Maybe I didn't read all of what Kal wrote closely enough.

That's the only open question left, I think. I'm in support of going with Kal's recommendation and moving on, or putting it to vote or whatever.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 179. Mareese Speights

Postby The Thrill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:31 pm

350K (350 + 350)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 176. Roger Mason

Postby The Thrill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 pm

350K (350+350)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Re: Auction discussion

Postby ardilla » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Can you post an addition to the rules thread with all the new rules or clarifications since the original rules?
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm

vote will take time. i'll leave to those who disagree to provide alternatives and put it to vote if there is one. as of now there is just one solution and that is the .26k one.

if 2 capped out teams (or 2 teams with same amount of cap room who both offer their max) offer same contracts roto mini-league will decide
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 pm

You still seem to think that everyone is ok with a 250K bid from a capped out team beating a 250K bid, entered first, from a non-capped team. Regardless of what you thought you wanted, you'll find that not only do the rules not support it as written (and they don't :D) you'll find that the rest of the league thinks that's a terrible idea.

And yes, the rest of the draft is FCFS - the first guy (until we had capped teams) who put in a 250K bid was the only guy allowed to do so. That's FCFS all the way, there's not even anything to argue about. You might not have wanted that to be the precedent, but it is.

The capped teams should neither need nor receive a bonus to land minimum salary free agents. Nor should non-capped teams be penalized bidding on minimum salary free agents. The only way we have any kind of unfairness is if we change how the auction currently works. Right now everyone is being treated completely fairly and evenly. Everyone has the same chance to bid on the same players with the same chances of success. Teams with space also have the option of outbidding.

It's only when you try and add back in rules that should (apparently) have been there in the first place that we have problems. What you want to see done is complicated (probably needlessly so at this point). We only have about a round of guys left, so why don't we proceed as we have been, and fix the auction for next time.

We do need to agree on a fix for FA though, since we'll have the same issue, and I have a feeling that if you expect your capped team (or any capped team) to win all tied min bids on all the FA as well then you're going to have a mutiny here (because it's friggin' ridiculous). I'm not trying to be provocative either, I honestly do think it's completely ridiculous and shouldn't even be contemplated.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: 172. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Postby coffeeman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

.45(.43+.47)
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: 177. Thabo Sefolosha

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

And should it be decided that you should win these tied bids, then everyone who's been 'beaten' should get a chance to one-up you correct?

I also think we need to decide soon, since I'm going to get to the point where I can't be sure about anything because I'll have multiple players up in the air (and so will you). You don't care because you have 8-10 slots to fill - I don't have that luxury. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: 177. Thabo Sefolosha

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:And should it be decided that you should win these tied bids, then everyone who's been 'beaten' should get a chance to one-up you correct?

I also think we need to decide soon, since I'm going to get to the point where I can't be sure about anything because I'll have multiple players up in the air (and so will you). You don't care because you have 8-10 slots to fill - I don't have that luxury. :-D

i was thinking about pausing the bidding until we resolve the issue, but that would make all the bids submitted between start of the krstic complication and now invalid (we did same with hurricane nene :-b ). if we decide that my bids are valid guys with cap space whose bids i matched will have option to one up my bids with 260k offers
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:You still seem to think that everyone is ok with a 250K bid from a capped out team beating a 250K bid, entered first, from a non-capped team. Regardless of what you thought you wanted, you'll find that not only do the rules not support it as written (and they don't :D) you'll find that the rest of the league thinks that's a terrible idea.

And yes, the rest of the draft is FCFS - the first guy (until we had capped teams) who put in a 250K bid was the only guy allowed to do so. That's FCFS all the way, there's not even anything to argue about. You might not have wanted that to be the precedent, but it is.

The capped teams should neither need nor receive a bonus to land minimum salary free agents. Nor should non-capped teams be penalized bidding on minimum salary free agents. The only way we have any kind of unfairness is if we change how the auction currently works. Right now everyone is being treated completely fairly and evenly. Everyone has the same chance to bid on the same players with the same chances of success. Teams with space also have the option of outbidding.

It's only when you try and add back in rules that should (apparently) have been there in the first place that we have problems. What you want to see done is complicated (probably needlessly so at this point). We only have about a round of guys left, so why don't we proceed as we have been, and fix the auction for next time.

We do need to agree on a fix for FA though, since we'll have the same issue, and I have a feeling that if you expect your capped team (or any capped team) to win all tied min bids on all the FA as well then you're going to have a mutiny here (because it's friggin' ridiculous). I'm not trying to be provocative either, I honestly do think it's completely ridiculous and shouldn't even be contemplated.

it's pointless to argue. until you show me fault in my logic you can't change my mind. also you can think that our auction is fcfs, if you want to and i'll disagree, but it changes nothing and i'm definitely not in a mood for completely pointless argument at this time. maybe later after i kick your ass in our amare discussion :-D .

most important right now is to have the resolution that thrill, you and i accepted should work for everybody
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap