2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: problems accessing cafe

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 pm

just checking. missed out on some players because i could not log on to post the bids and wanted to check if anybody else had the same problem
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

league is up

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:52 pm

D# is 208093 and the Password is scl
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:53 pm

scully19 wrote:
silentjim wrote:Second question that's not rhetorical that follows up to my earlier post.

What's the point of having a 65 million salary cap during the draft if certain teams don't have to abide by it?

Here's the rule plain as day:

-during draft/auction teams can't go over the soft cap (65M)

Every time someone bids a Min bid they are breaking this rule.

Right after that rule it explains the exceptions to the rule.

Where? I see no exception to the rule anywhere.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:56 pm

KalElen wrote:just checking. missed out on some players because i could not log on to post the bids and wanted to check if anybody else had the same problem

Yeah, this morning all sides of the cafe were down for about an hour or so from what I could tell.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Re: Non-drafted players and MLE

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:59 pm

we can still use points system, we'll just have to modify it slightly. current standings(minus points awarded for previous success obviously) and play time points should still be easy to calculate. team direction is not the best solution so i'm trying to come up with a better one, but even if we discard it with no replacement, system as a whole should still work. we might want to keep roto mini league for 1st few weeks because most teams will be clustered around similar records, but after 3rd week (for instance) our point system should be good enough to go
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:13 pm

ok to sum up. team with no cap space will beat out 250k offer from a team with cap, but team with cap can then increase to 260k and outbid capped out team. if a team with cap bids 250k and stands to win other team with cap has to increase by 100k.
this will work retroactively so krstic, ridnour and all other players that were won by capped out teams for 250k will be offered to teams with cap space that initially bid on them for 260k

there is another issue of some of us losing out on players because cafe was down, so we are probably going to reopen some threads, but more on that later. after those reopened threads are closed again we will proceed with nominating player for bidding
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

silentjim wrote:
KalElen wrote:just checking. missed out on some players because i could not log on to post the bids and wanted to check if anybody else had the same problem

Yeah, this morning all sides of the cafe were down for about an hour or so from what I could tell.

longer for me. i was unable to access it for at least 2-3 hours. if we could get an official information it would help with reopening threads. can we?
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

min bid issue resolved

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm

ok to sum up. team with no cap space will beat out 250k offer from a team with cap, but team with cap can then increase to 260k and outbid capped out team. if a team with cap bids 250k and stands to win other team with cap has to increase by 100k.
this will work retroactively so krstic, ridnour and all other players that were won by capped out teams for 250k will be offered to teams with cap space that initially bid on them for 260k

there is another issue of some of us losing out on players because cafe was down, so we are probably going to reopen some threads, but more on that later. after those reopened threads are closed again we will proceed with nominating player for bidding

i hope i covered everything. i had to read through many pages at once so it's possible that i missed something. are there any other issues that need addressing?
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 177. Thabo Sefolosha

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 pm

fernis this one is up to you
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 175. Luke Ridnour

Postby KalElen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:19 pm

dv this one is up to you
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap