2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Nominating players

Postby silentjim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 am

KalElen wrote:according to menyak forums were mostly down between 3:30 am EST and 12:30 EST. that means that 3 players will be reopened. i'm gonna reset the clock in order to leave enough time for everyone to see them and bid on them
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Nick Collison
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

I don't want to keep rocking the boat, but I placed my bid on Mbah a Moute at 9:11 PM Central Time on Sunday night. 24 Hours from then would be 9:11 PM Central Time on Monday. The outages started early Tuesday morning no? Well after my 24 hours was up.

All the other player's including Julian Wright appear to have had their 24 hour period fall within some or the down time though.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:14 am

silentjim wrote:
KalElen wrote:according to menyak forums were mostly down between 3:30 am EST and 12:30 EST. that means that 3 players will be reopened. i'm gonna reset the clock in order to leave enough time for everyone to see them and bid on them
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Nick Collison
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

I don't want to keep rocking the boat, but I placed my bid on Mbah a Moute at 9:11 PM Central Time on Sunday night. 24 Hours from then would be 9:11 PM Central Time on Monday. The outages started early Tuesday morning no? Well after my 24 hours was up.

All the other player's including Julian Wright appear to have had their 24 hour period fall within some or the down time though.

you are correct. i made a mistake. sry. m&m is yours
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 am

I seem to be confused about nominating players. How does that work?

Say TheRobSays nominates Mark Madsen and opens it up immediately in the thread at $250K (or perhaps $250K + $250K if he has cap space), what exactly are the rules for continued bidding?

Sorry, where I'm going with this is, what if I had wanted to nominate Mark Madsen, but the timing of when the nomination begins happens at an hour I'm in bed in the U.S. (or whatever, just an example). And theRobSays just happens to post the thread before I wake up in the morning nominating the same player I had wanted to. Does his $250K initial nomination force me to go over that? But if I can't go over that, what happens? I'm outta luck, I guess?

Sorry, I've been trying to keep up with the various discussions, but I'm a little lost about the nomination process for FA's and the bidding for those players. :-/

Thanks in advance. :-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby scully19 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 am

Same rules as auction I imagine, so if you can't bid over a min bet at all then you can likely match the bid, otherwise you need to outbid.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Re: 185. Julian Wright

Postby coffeeman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:20 am

I disagree with your ruling Kal. That bid is 30 HOURS after mine.
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby coffeeman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 am

.5 (.5+.5)

if I must.
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby cnote23 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:46 am

Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 am

scully19 wrote:Same rules as auction I imagine, so if you can't bid over a min bet at all then you can likely match the bid, otherwise you need to outbid.

exactly. there will be roto mini-leagues for capped out teams. teams with cap can still offer 260k to outbid min offers of capped out teams (250k one year). 24h after high bid player is claimed. same deal as with auction. only difference is that there is no list to follow. everyone is nominating one player at a time
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am

coffeeman wrote:I disagree with your ruling Kal. That bid is 30 HOURS after mine.

yes but 9 out of those 30h, forums were down. 30-9=21h so he's been available for to others for less then 24h
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: min bid issue resolved

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Wow. I need to read the whole set of threads first. If only the 10K outbid counts against the cap ity's fine. Never mind me. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap