Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 177. Thabo Sefolosha

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 pm

KalElen wrote:fernis this one is up to you

Yup, I'll bid 260K.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 184. Chris Douglas-Roberts

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 pm

scully19 wrote:Fenris bids .26

Now that I know what's going on, yay.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: league is up

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 pm

we are still missing 4 guys
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Nene » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:34 pm

signed up ;-D
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Doing my best. My wireless is on the fritz and I'm having all sorts of internet issues. I'll get signed up as soon as Yahoo works for me. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 185. Julian Wright

Postby coffeeman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm

.7k(.7+.7)
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Nene » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 am

dammit fenris. we're tired of your excuses!! ;-7
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:54 am

Nene wrote:dammit fenris. we're tired of your excuses!! ;-7

Dammit Nene, I'm a fantasy GM, not an internet miracle worker.

Although I am signed up now. ;-D Now to update my roster post..... and figure out who's actually on my team.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 am

silentjim wrote:
scully19 wrote:Leave it as is. Fenris doesn't have internet again right now, so he may be a while, I got some news on who to bid on for him again, but he is not going to be showing up here anytime soon I doubt, to decide this.

I've already been bidding assuming I spent 350K, so I'm fine with it. Not worth starting another debate anyway.

Yeah man, I don't know why this is an issue. I saw you bid 350K, the bid was valid, the player's yours.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 163. Nenad Krstic (BIDDING CLOSED) - DEBATE STILL OPEN

Postby The Thrill » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:36 pm

silentjim wrote:
Everyone has to stop thinking what's best for themselves and needs to start thinking about what's best for all. How is it better for the league to have shorter contracts? We've already established that offers less than 5 million can be for 1 or 2 years in length. If that player blows up, then so be it. Isn't that kind of the point of an auction draft? To get a good player for less money? It's all part of the strategy involved.

I've been away from the party for a few days, but from what I've read, I agree with this 100%. It's the very reason I put $350K for two years on Speights and Mason (would have put $250K for two years, but I think both players already had one year mins on them). Speights, in particular, I bid on, in the chance that Dalembert can actually get traded and open up some more minutes for him. And I think a manager should have the opportunity to hang onto a player for one addl season if that player blows up. 2 years is the max they can lock him for anyway and they should be rewarded for locking that player up when nobody else wanted him.

I disagree with fluid movement of players, etc. There'll be plenty of that IMHO. Especially since this is H2H with all sorts of different draft and category strength strategies.

Further, a bid of $250K for two years is not a min bid and should not be trumped by a min bid (it's called min for a reason). There's no logic on why someone who bids $250K minimum (for one year) would outbid somebody who wants to lock up the player for two years and has the cap space to do so. That makes no sense to me.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap