2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby KalElen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

i'm not sure what to do. i'll give it some more thought and decide by tomorrow. i was hoping for 20, so 12 would be really disappointing for me. on the other hand 12 committed gms is still enough to have a great league. give me some more opinions if you've got any...
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ardilla » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am

In the meantime, we can't really close any bidding until one of the following:
1. Get replacement managers and give them time to bid
and/or
2. Managers who have bid consent to go along with a different # of teams

I am fine with either but I really want to see a concrete list of managers who are all participating in the auction.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

KalElen wrote:i'm not sure what to do. i'll give it some more thought and decide by tomorrow. i was hoping for 20, so 12 would be really disappointing for me. on the other hand 12 committed gms is still enough to have a great league. give me some more opinions if you've got any...

Yeah - I'd rather have a larger league too. I can still take that Buser route Kal that we had discussed earlier...

If so, we could postpone this for another few days I guess...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby KalElen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 am

RedHopeful wrote:I can still take that Buser route Kal that we had discussed earlier...

If so, we could postpone this for another few days I guess...

i'd prefer too keep it at 16 for salary purposes too. if we go with fewer teams salary balance changes, so max offers would have to go down from 20M. i'd rather no get into that
i have one guy on the waiting list too. we'll give those 4 guys time until tomorrow to report in and if they don't we'll do that. in the mean time bidding can continue, but no players will be awarded before new gms (if any) get 24h to submit the bids on 1st group of players (maybe we'll even start over)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Thrill » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 am

FWIW, I agree in trying to have a higher league size (of 16 or more) as well.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Postby Nene » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 am

I agree that a larger league is the way to go. 16 teams is good.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 am

Hmm. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been bidding on the assumption that there would be 16 managers, I just assumed some of the guys were a little late to the party. Dropping to 12 teams changes all sorts of things about the prospective salary landscape moving forward, as well as the quality of player availble on the wire and as FAs (which alters the relative value of +max bids). I'm ok with 12 as a general idea though, I just wouldn't want anyone who has been active to get screwed over becuase we changed sizes mid-draft.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby scully19 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

Ya this changes too much all of a sudden. If we reset it to smaller teams we would then have to restart the bidding since it changes the whole landscape.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 194)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

Fenris-77 wrote:Hmm. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been bidding on the assumption that there would be 16 managers, I just assumed some of the guys were a little late to the party. Dropping to 12 teams changes all sorts of things about the prospective salary landscape moving forward, as well as the quality of player availble on the wire and as FAs (which alters the relative value of +max bids). I'm ok with 12 as a general idea though, I just wouldn't want anyone who has been active to get screwed over becuase we changed sizes mid-draft.

Agreed 100%.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 129)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KalElen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am

DVauthrin wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:Hmm. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been bidding on the assumption that there would be 16 managers, I just assumed some of the guys were a little late to the party. Dropping to 12 teams changes all sorts of things about the prospective salary landscape moving forward, as well as the quality of player availble on the wire and as FAs (which alters the relative value of +max bids). I'm ok with 12 as a general idea though, I just wouldn't want anyone who has been active to get screwed over becuase we changed sizes mid-draft.

Agreed 100%.

i agree, that's why i'd prefer to try and get 16 people rather then to proceed with 12, but if we are forced to go down to 12 we will change the salary numbers a little and start over.
until we resolve this we will stop all the bidding
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap