2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:30 pm

i've posted 4 threads for discussion on 4 issues we need to resolve. feel free to give me your opinions in any of those
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ***team direction rule***

Postby scully19 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 pm

If we are going to keep the rule, than it should be who is signed on your team for the upcoming year used, and then just use their ranking from BBM from the previous season and divide their salary owed in the next year.

Personally I think the way it is without it would be good enough though.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Re: ***expansion***

Postby scully19 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 pm

The problem I have with the expansion draft having teams protect players is that it gives teams a free pass. Anyone who has a bad contract can simply toss it out the window with no consequences by not protecting them (and why would they protect overpaid talent). It would then allow them access to a slew of free agents that year, so they not only get a free pass on a mess up but they can now access new players they probably count not afford before. Seems like an unfair advantage seeing as how a lot of being successful is being good with contracts and how much you spend on players.

I think that the expansion should just happen in the second year, but there is no protection of players, just free agents to bid on. This way the expansion teams would have more money to spend and can built their team. The rules on what happens in case of a tie still happens, meaning LeBron does not go to an expansion team essentially, which is entirely true.

I think there should only be 2 teams in an expansion year, so that the free agents do start getting way overpaid because a whole bunch of new money hits the market. From then on just keep putting in 2 teams any year we can and there are a lot of free agents available that year.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Re: ***expansion***

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:18 pm

scully19 wrote:The problem I have with the expansion draft having teams protect players is that it gives teams a free pass. Anyone who has a bad contract can simply toss it out the window with no consequences by not protecting them (and why would they protect overpaid talent). It would then allow them access to a slew of free agents that year, so they not only get a free pass on a mess up but they can now access new players they probably count not afford before. Seems like an unfair advantage seeing as how a lot of being successful is being good with contracts and how much you spend on players.

players who are not protected are not automatically taken off the gm's roster. same as in real nba, they are only taken off the roster if they are picked by an epansion team. if somebody givers eddy curry 4*20m and then decides to leave him unprotected next year, expansion teams can decide to take curry, thus removing his salary from former team's books, or leave him be which would mean that he reamins on old team's books. expansion teams will try to look for the bargains so there will be no free passes on bad contracts.

scully19 wrote:I think that the expansion should just happen in the second year, but there is no protection of players, just free agents to bid on. This way the expansion teams would have more money to spend and can built their team. The rules on what happens in case of a tie still happens, meaning LeBron does not go to an expansion team essentially, which is entirely true.

this i don't like. i think we have to allow expansion teams access to more talent then that. they will lose out on all major free agents because of not having any points in out points system and if we disallow them to take any rostered talent they will be stuck into perpetual rebuilding

scully19 wrote:I think there should only be 2 teams in an expansion year, so that the free agents do start getting way overpaid because a whole bunch of new money hits the market. From then on just keep putting in 2 teams any year we can and there are a lot of free agents available that year.

2 per year is ok, but maybe, and i'm not sure at this point myself, we should take 4 teams in the 1st expansion, providing we can find good gms

also i added 3 more questions to the original post
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: ***team direction rule***

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:28 pm

i would prefer to change it completely. but i have no better ideas at this time
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

***il list management***

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 pm

how do we do this?
1) i can keep iled players on ww and add them to the gms that request them. there significantly less chance of errors this way, but i can't guarantee that i'll always be able to do it on the same day when the request is made, especially because i'm in a different time zone then the most of you and go to bed earlier
2) keep them as fas so that you can pick your iled players whenever you want, but at the same time you are responsible for avoiding mistakes (such as picking up another gm's iled player on a one week contract or exceeding limitations on picking up iled players). there would have to be punishment for anybody who commits the mistake (such as locking the team for a week for example or cap penalty).
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Waived players thread 2009/2010

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:43 pm

auction is over so you can start waiving players, providing you follow roster requirements rules
-during the season every team must be able to start 9 players on any given day, meaning that it needs to be able to cover all positions at the same time

waiving player conditions
-if a team waives a player, waived player's salary counts against team's cap 75% the first year and 50% for subsequent years, regardless of whether that player gets signed by some other team at some point
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Waved players thread

Postby KalElen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:44 pm

i cut Kyle Korver 250k (250k)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Important! All you need to know for the auction

Postby KalElen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
ardilla wrote:I hear you. I think we are making such a mess of it that it doesn't take a Pascal to see it. Middle school math students would be horrified.

I'm not even sure I can claim to be that good any more, and I'm still horrified at the number of incorrect bids. :-D

I vote that when this auction is over these threads are erased, never to be seen again. That way they can't be used against us. ;-D

this one is being kept for the future generations of cafe members to see :-D

auction is over. i'd like to thank red and all our mods/admins who helpped immensely with bidding threads management and also to ardilla for all the help with rule clarifications. i can honestly say that my life would have been hell, without your help guys ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Undrafted Players - Free Agents

Postby KalElen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 am

i'm not sure what's up with this thread, but i'm pretty sure we don't need it so i'm gonna let it sink
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap