2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: ***il list management***

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:28 pm

1) FWIW, my opinion is to have the commish control it. But can there be more than one commish in the Yahoo game (like 2 or 3)? That might help sway my opinion. If only one commish, then I agree, keep the responsibility on the GM's. ;-)

2) But regarding the 2 day waiver issue, don't we have to keep a player on IA or IL for a certain period of time? Otherwise we could add and drop our respective owned players every other day, no? Maybe I need to reread the rules on that topic, but I would think we want to avoid that. :-?

3) I like your penalty idea. :-)

4) Not familiar with keeper tags in Yahoo. :-/
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ***il list management***

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 pm

The Thrill wrote:1) FWIW, my opinion is to have the commish control it. But can there be more than one commish in the Yahoo game (like 2 or 3)? That might help sway my opinion. If only one commish, then I agree, keep the responsibility on the GM's. ;-)

if there is option of more then one person having commish privileges, i'm not aware of it

The Thrill wrote:2) But regarding the 2 day waiver issue, don't we have to keep a player on IA or IL for a certain period of time? Otherwise we could add and drop our respective owned players every other day, no? Maybe I need to reread the rules on that topic, but I would think we want to avoid that. :-?

there can be no more then 1 pick up per il spot per week. since we have two il spots we are allowed to pick up up to 2 different players off the il list per week. also there is 10 pickups cap for the entire year so everyone should be careful not to waste those pickups
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: il reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Because I have 12 players, if I want to add a player off the wire and move a player to IL, that does not count against my IL 10 pickups? I assume not because I'm moving a player to the IL/IA list, not picking them up.

Just want to confirm. :-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Re: il reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby KalElen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 pm

The Thrill wrote:Because I have 12 players, if I want to add a player off the wire and move a player to IL, that does not count against my IL 10 pickups? I assume not because I'm moving a player to the IL/IA list, not picking them up.

Just want to confirm. :-)

correct. you can pick players up no more then 10 times, but you can put them on il up to 12 times if you are starting the season with empty il. however you have to have 12 player active roster at all times
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: auction strategy discussion

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 am

I wanted an elite player to build around, and landed that guy in Wade. After going with him, I hunted for good fits that I could fit under the cap. Smith was an easy choice with blocks and steals, as were Marion and Biedrins. Grant Hill was way too good of a value to pass up, as were Shaq and Brad Miller. Diaw was a good fit with the assists from the forward spot considering his price.

I'm a bit annoyed with Portland's use of Andre Miller right now and consider that to be my worst acquisition to this point. Signing him to a 7 million dollar a season contract and continuing to start blake is just idiotic. At the time I thought he was a bargain that paired well with wade.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

roll call

Postby KalElen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

either nobody else has anything to say concerning all the rules discussion or very few people are checking this place now that the season has started. to find out which one is it i'm putting up a first roll call. the nature of this league requires us to check in here regularly and i have made that know from the start. post in this thread to confirm that indeed you are active enough manager to be in this league. miss one roll call and you get a warning. miss two and you are out
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: auction strategy discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

I started in the same boat as Kal. I really didn't expect to win both Granger and Bosh, and I ended up with way less cash to spend on those mid-auction bargains than I'd planned on. I figured punting Ast wasn't a bad way to go, so I got a decent deal on both Terry and Ginobili to start that up. Westbrook doesn't fit that mold really, but he was a guy I wanted on my team from the start, and I was willing to pay for him despite the fact that he didn't really fit my team that well. I shored up the young talent quotient with Hawes, having missed out on some of the more attractive young talent due to cap constraints.

After that I went pretty much straight for value, and I was very pleased to get Thabo, CDR and Williams on low end deals with the last of my space. Gooden for the min was a nice find too. West? Not so much, although if he manages to get back on the court he could end up looking very nice for a 250K guy. I'm still on the fence with Iverson - I didn't spend a whole lot on him, but he to actually play at some point.

Amir was a pure homer pick on my part, but he might end up as the Raps 1st big of the bench at some point, so maybe he'll be useful.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Re: ***min offers rule***

Postby ardilla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I support no matching, first-come first-serve bidding on FAs. You may never match a bid.

Some may argue this makes time a factor and gives an unfair advantage for being on the internet more often. So what? Name a fantasy basketball league where spending more time online doesn't benefit a team, especially concerning FA pick-ups. In real life, the team that does the most research and contacts a player first has a certain advantage. You want a guy at the minimum? Get there first. You still want that player? Out-bid the other guy.

I support this solution because everything else suggested is too complicated (the tie resolution system) or unfair (capped out teams automatically win).
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: ***min offers rule***

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 pm

When guys can only have one active FA bid up at a time, I'm actually just fine with FCFS. Perhaps with a caveat that under certain perameters (TBD) that some portion of a team's own FAs operate a little differently (although that could be as simple as always allowing the home town match).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Re: ***expansion***

Postby ardilla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 pm

I am not in favor of expanding at all. It is difficult enough to keep 16 teams active without trying to add more. We needed multiple replacement managers just to make it through the auction.

If it were to happen, I agree with those who said we should wait a year before allowing it. More FAs will open up. I also agree with the higher protection #s and a 2-team limit per year for expansion.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap