2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: !!AUCTION PAUSED UNTIL MISSING GMS SITUATION GETS RESOLVED!!

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Meh. If we're going to start over lets do it soon. This thing's going to take a month of Sundays as it is. Kal, just post if you want replacements - there's always people who know people. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Basketball

SIGNING UP

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:44 pm

If you're interested in trying a deep auction league, this is the place for you. We only ask that all those who signup remain active throughout the year. I suggest in looking over some of the other threads regarding rules, etc. Don't worry if it's confusing at first, it's really quite easy. We'll be more than happy to answer any questions.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm

THIS pretty much sums up how I feel. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Do we actually need to start over or can we just assimilate the new managers? Staring over seems like it would just delay us a week or so with pretty much the same results.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:15 pm

silentjim wrote:Do we actually need to start over or can we just assimilate the new managers? Staring over seems like it would just delay us a week or so with pretty much the same results.

If the number of GMs isn't going to change then no, the results (top guys going close 30M) aren't likely to change either, but those new GMs won't have had the chance to get a bid in at break point either. If they come in knowing that they're jumping in media res then I'm cool with it, if not we should probably start over. I think the second time round people will bid a little differently too For my part, I'm easy continuing form here or starting again, whichever is best for the league.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby KalElen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 pm

we'll see. we need to find gms first. there are good reasons to start over and there are practical reasons not to start over...
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: SIGNING UP

Postby nguy6280 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Interested in joining, did a draft with some of you guys yesterday. Will be active and committed for sure. Let me know when I can begin.
nguy6280
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 pm

As I replied to nguy6280, we plan on getting this going in the next day or two. Can't stress enough to just look over some of the rules and discussion threads as it'll help new guys understand what is going on. Don't worry though as we'll answer anything that seems confusing.
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 pm

nguy6280 wrote:Interested in joining, did a draft with some of you guys yesterday. Will be active and committed for sure. Let me know when I can begin.

What was your draft name?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Re: Auction discussion

Postby greyone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 pm

im still here...and i was hoarding all my money because of the larger format
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap