Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: ***il list management***

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am

Kal - I picked up D. Gallinari and dropped A Kirilenko
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ***min offers rule***

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 am

These last few posts have really gotten out of hand. :-t

Are you guys really getting that riled about all of this? 8-o If so, set your lineups for a few days and keep away from this thread.

Cool off and then come back without ever letting emotions get the best of anyone again. It's a fantasy league for Pete's Sake! We're all just here to have fun amongst fantastic competition. Let's just get through all the matters that NEED to be discussed and reach some nice compromise.

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 am

Yeah, wow, let's clam down here. Kal has done a mint of work to get this thing off and running, and a mint of work organizing on the fly. It would be a real shame to let a rules disagreement drive a wedge between any of the active GMs and the commish. I might disgree with him about min contracts, but I'm completely behind him as commish. The only thing I'm going to throw my weight behind here is trying to find a good rules solution.

Kal, I get why you want the roll calls, and I'd agree that the more active the GMs are, the better. However, it's also the case that a lot of guys, even if they might be active in terms of trades and roster management, have zero interest is rules design. When it comes to the sort of thing we're discussing it's always going be with a core group of managers. I think what we need to do is get some good options set down, with tight and stress-tested rules, and then just guys vote. I think for the bulk of managers it's maybe too much to ask that they sort through pages and pages of posts to figure out who they agree with.

Ardilla-
The fact that Kal was against FCFS, and the fact that I understand why he's against it, even though I don't agree with his solution, is why I started discussing points based tie breakers in the first place. I might not agree with all of his positions, but the league is his baby. I do like FCFS better than cap based tie breakers, but I'm not pushing for FCFS to be solution. I don't think a points based system needs to be complicated or tedious either. Ideally I think it would set a score for every team going into the offseason - one that everyone could see - and change as FA's are signed. I'm confident something like that could avoid seeming arbitrary and serve as a nice middle ground.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 am

Could we get a thread going with one post per GM so they can just edit their own IL? If I were Kal I'm not sure I'd want to editing all the drop adds unless absolutely necessary.

So long as the managers pay attention to who's on who;s IL, they should be able to mange this without the commish having to actively do anything. Save perhaps a once weekly or biweekly update post at most.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: roll call

Postby coffeeman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 am

Some of us having checking in on the Yahoo site everyday and as Red said watching many games on our League Pass. Plus watching every Timberwolves game the whole way through resembles a full time job where Wednesday is hump day. Also I have to admit when I see threads that long already that I haven't read yet I kind of figure I'll wait until the disputes calm down and then see if I have anything to contribute.

But I will check in here once a day now. But I'll take my punishment. 1 more hour a day in the next week sitting in darkness in the daytime. Oh wait that will happen anyways here in Alaska.............
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: ***expansion***

Postby coffeeman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 am

DVauthrin wrote:
ardilla wrote:I am not in favor of expanding at all. It is difficult enough to keep 16 teams active without trying to add more. We needed multiple replacement managers just to make it through the auction.

If it were to happen, I agree with those who said we should wait a year before allowing it. More FAs will open up. I also agree with the higher protection #s and a 2-team limit per year for expansion.

I'm in agreement with this for right now.

I'm also in agreement with this for right now.
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: roll call

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:15 am

Alaska eh? What happened to "guys who live in snow and darkness unite"? You could have shown a little solidarity by letting me win at least one real cat this week. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ardilla » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:58 pm

I realize Kal did a lot of work but I am doing this for fun. The commish threatening to kick us out halfway through the first week because we aren't participating, then responding rudely when I try to participate creates a situation where I am having more fun insulting him than I am tolerating him. I don't think anything was way out of line, no one is cursing or making death threats yet.

Fenris - For a points system for tie-breakers, what do you have in mind that would cause it to change throughout the off-season to avoid certain teams always beating others? One idea I had was to include # of players on your roster as a negative (so having less players would cause you to win). This would stop being useful when teams reached max roster size though and I am sure someone can see other problems with it.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby ardilla » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 pm

That is a good idea. I'd update my own.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: complete salary information

Postby The Thrill » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:28 pm

thanks Kal! :-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap