2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2009/2010 season discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 am

KalElen wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I'm not exactly sure where this info should go, but I'm waiving Drew Gooden for Ben Wallace. I'm just going to do a standard drop-add on yahoo to reflect that.

i think it would be best to post those along with offers to new players

The successful bid was already posted and I didn't think that waiving Gooden deserved it's own thread. We can go that route though, I just thought it seemed like needless clutter. Maybe one topic for all waived players?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6327
(Past Year: 260)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What is the purpose of "one week contracts"

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 am

I guess the responsibility lies with the GM to either extend the contract, take him on for the year, or drop him on the correct day? At that point any 7 day contracts should probably be posted here.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6327
(Past Year: 260)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ***team direction rule***

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:12 am

It is a good argument, but I think BBM is still by far the best tool we have available to us to compare and rate overall player value. We wouldn't using the value straight up anyway, just to divide the players into tiers, and while tanking a cat does change player value, things should still be close when we're talking about .25 increments in BBM value.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6327
(Past Year: 260)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What is the purpose of "one week contracts"

Postby KalElen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 am

Fenris-77 wrote:I guess the responsibility lies with the GM to either extend the contract, take him on for the year, or drop him on the correct day? At that point any 7 day contracts should probably be posted here.

yes. this one is up to gms
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: 2009/2010 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:51 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
KalElen wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I'm not exactly sure where this info should go, but I'm waiving Drew Gooden for Ben Wallace. I'm just going to do a standard drop-add on yahoo to reflect that.

i think it would be best to post those along with offers to new players

The successful bid was already posted and I didn't think that waiving Gooden deserved it's own thread. We can go that route though, I just thought it seemed like needless clutter. Maybe one topic for all waived players?

something like this perhaps
viewtopic.php?t=61384
forgot to sticky it
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: What is the purpose of "one week contracts"

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:01 pm

KalElen wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I guess the responsibility lies with the GM to either extend the contract, take him on for the year, or drop him on the correct day? At that point any 7 day contracts should probably be posted here.

yes. this one is up to gms

Should we institute a penalty for not dropping on time? Either an automatic additional 7 day, or even auto sign for the season at the min? And if we are going to do that I think guys should have a full 24hrs to make the drop - there's no point in going all jack-boots and batons over 7 day contract players.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6327
(Past Year: 260)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2009/2010 season discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeah, just like that. ;-) I was fooled by the no sticky. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6327
(Past Year: 260)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ***team direction rule***

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:It is a good argument, but I think BBM is still by far the best tool we have available to us to compare and rate overall player value. We wouldn't using the value straight up anyway, just to divide the players into tiers, and while tanking a cat does change player value, things should still be close when we're talking about .25 increments in BBM value.


But tanking is essentially the same as a style of play in the real NBA. If you look at the Knicks current real roster, they're clearly going to lose blocks by a wide margin as they did last year, but that doesn't mean Lebron or Wade don't want to go play their. I equate tanking certain cats with certain real styles of play (Run n gun, princeton, etc.) Those offensive and defensive styles would have their appeal in fantasy and real life obviously.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11523
(Past Year: 564)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: ***next year free agency***

Postby The Thrill » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:23 pm

greyone wrote:We are going to wait 2 months plus before making a single free agency bid after the end of NBA regular season. Holy crap!!! 8-o


I must be honest, I'm not sure I see the issue. We did an entire inaugural draft starting August 29th. :-?
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 252)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: What is the purpose of "one week contracts"

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
KalElen wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I guess the responsibility lies with the GM to either extend the contract, take him on for the year, or drop him on the correct day? At that point any 7 day contracts should probably be posted here.

yes. this one is up to gms

Should we institute a penalty for not dropping on time? Either an automatic additional 7 day, or even auto sign for the season at the min? And if we are going to do that I think guys should have a full 24hrs to make the drop - there's no point in going all jack-boots and batons over 7 day contract players.

I like this idea...
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18252
(Past Year: 601)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues



Get Ready...
The 2014 NBA season starts in 8:09 hours
(and 57 days)


  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact